Whole house media and security for home automation control?
Hi there.

I got the 5020L DLink camera and I would like to apply this script to it. SO I downloaded the doorbell.py and change it to:

Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui, time, urllib

#inherit from WindowDialog instead of Window so that it's shown on top of
#what's onscreen instead of replacing it entirely
class CamView(xbmcgui.WindowDialog):

def __init__(self):
#Define image location and size
self.image = xbmcgui.ControlImage(870, 438, 380, 253, "")
self.addControl(self.image)

viewer = CamView()
viewer.show()
start_time = time.time()
while(time.time() - start_time <= 14):
#set url to ip cam image, password auth not supported
urllib.urlretrieve("http://10.1.1.50/mjpeg.cgi", 'C:\Users\Loki\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.doorbell

\bell_icon.png')
viewer.image.setImage("")
viewer.image.setImage("bell_icon.png")
#Define image transparency
viewer.image.setAnimations([('conditional', 'effect=fade start=90 end=90 time=0 condition=true',)])
xbmc.sleep(500)
viewer.close()
del viewer

When I press launch it gives me an error.

What am I doing wrong?
(2011-11-29, 01:47)XMBC_FREAK Wrote: shoot me a pm if you want more details I have finished my setup

I went another route on cameras I used webcams with special adapter for rj45 however the software I use will work with standard cameras, ip cameras, capture cards and more.

The system setup I can access any camera from xbmc from any room it also send you a visual photo and alert when someone is approaching. One trick I did was make and install a custom made usb doorbell which when rung it displays the video camera at the front door on any tv you are using.

and if you have smart phones you can access the system and look at any camera away from home at the office wherever plus the software will notify you with a snapshot of whos at what camera. One cool thing is it does have a built in webserver and webpage but you can also make your own html page and display the cameras any way or size you want.

Also the system is great because you can set motion recording to save disk space or you can use it as a 24/7 DVR up to you and the software is cheap less than 50 bucks

I originally was going to go with 7" screens instead went with 10" tablets and can view all cameras from any one of them. One huge plus is that I also can control XBMC and lights from the same tablets via custom html page. The tablets cost me less than 300 for all 3 of them.

PM me its simpler than it sounds.

OH I know someone is going to say why are you using webcams blah blah well how many cameras you know of with built in autofocus lowlight filters and more .....just becuase you say you know doesn't mean nada

awesome X_F send me more info on your setup
send details on your setup [email protected]
Hi there is a free software called zoneminder! No need to reinvent the wheel!

There is a Addon for KODI as well here
Whole-house media and security integration in home automation control redefine modern living. Seamlessly managing entertainment, surveillance, and safety through a centralized system enhances convenience and efficiency. This holistic approach not only elevates lifestyle but also ensures a secure and connected home environment, aligning with the future of smart living.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Whole house media and security for home automation control?0