Problem lowering volume...
I have installed XBMC from the repos in Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04. I am using the current XBMC svn build as of May 5.

I am using the latest Aeon Skin.

My problem is that the volume doesn't turn all the way down.

As I turn the volume down the display reports the volume lowering until it reaches 'muted'. The volume is in fact lowering in proportion to my key presses but once it reaches -60db and then muted, I still hear the media.

Has anyone experienced this?
It's PulseAudio, XBMC doesn't send a proper mute call when it should. Something we intend to fix. But it would be great if you could verify you run pulseaudio (pastebin your log when playing an affected media and we'll know) and after that a trac ticket would be great as a reminder (if it doesn't exist).

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Yep. I am running pulse audio. Mark Shuttleworth and the Ubuntu team should get it right or remove pulse audio completely. Nothing but headaches... I still love all of them for their work though! Smile
HI...

I'm experencing the same problem: Volume will not mute.

I'm also on Ubuntu 9.04 (32bit) and am using a MacMini (3.1) as hardware platform. SVN r19954 of XBMC. Sorry but I'm not too familiar with Pulseaudio. Is here a workaround to get rid of the problem now or do we have to wait until this is fixed in XBMC?

Thanks for the help.

Martin
It should be possible to remove Pulseaudio without harming the functionality of the system.
Maxim Wrote:It should be possible to remove Pulseaudio without harming the functionality of the system.

So you are saying I do not need Pulseaudio anyway? OK I'll give it a try and will remove it from Ubuntu completly... we'll see how that works out ;-)
Hmm, noone got a solution for this? I use PulseAudio so it's not an option for me to remove it / kill it. I use lots of other applications which are set to use PulseAudio which can control the volume perfectly.

xbmc 9.04.2+svn22204-jaunty1
pulseaudio 1:0.9.15-3ubuntu1~ppa2
There is this bug about this issue:

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5932

It seems there was a patch 7 months but now the patch has been reversed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem lowering volume...0