• 46(current)
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
(2012-06-11, 17:16)pumkinut Wrote: Okay, I see the problem. You need to change the input.conf file. The entries that have the parenthetical entries after them are the defaults. Those buttons aren't recognized by XBMC, but the entries in parentheses after them are. The recommended entries are what you want to change to.

Here's and example:
Code:
Before:
0x64 = KEY_AUDIO          # AUDIO             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_A)
0x65 = KEY_ANGLE          # ANGLE             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_Z)
0x63 = KEY_SUBTITLE       # SUBTITLE          (XBMC recommendation: KEY_T)
0x0f = KEY_CLEAR          # CLEAR             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_DELETE)
0x28 = KEY_TIME           # TIMER             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_END)

After:
0x64 = KEY_A          # AUDIO             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_A)
0x65 = KEY_Z          # ANGLE             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_Z)
0x63 = KEY_T       # SUBTITLE          (XBMC recommendation: KEY_T)
0x0f = KEY_DELETE          # CLEAR             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_DELETE)
0x28 = KEY_END       # TIMER             (XBMC recommendation: KEY_END)
XBMC does not recognize CLEAR, AUDIO, TIME, etc. The recommended entries are keys that XBMC will recognize that accomplish the same or similar functions. The hex at the beginning of each line is the actual key code, the "KEY_" entry maps the key code to a specific button/keyboard key and function.

Hi, pumkinut.
change in input.conf got the remote worked as intended like a charm.

Thank you.
I have been using the PS3 remote on my XBMCs for the past few years and I have to say that the experience has been great, with one tiny problem and that is that it can take a few seconds (seems like an eternity some times) for the remote to connect. Does anyone have a solution for this? I assume that the PS3 itself doesn't suffer the same problem.
(2012-06-12, 14:27)himao Wrote: Hi, pumkinut.
change in input.conf got the remote worked as intended like a charm.

Thank you.

No problem, glad it worked.
hello,

i have a fresh installation of ubuntu with bluez preinstalled. However the ps3 remote seems to be connecting for a fragment of a second then disconnect upon searching for devices (Bluetooth new device setup). Any ideas ? i've tried changing the batteries with new ones and also my dongle used to work fine on CentOS :/
Did you install kitlaan's repo and then reinstall bluez?
(2012-06-10, 16:07)dimarra Wrote: i am still going through the 'bluetooth manager' on xbmcbuntu.

when starting the computer from it being off, what button do i press to pair the remote back?

ENTER and START
or
PS button
or
something else.

Please let me know.

Thanks

I have to answer my question on this one after a few weeks of posting the question.

When you boot directly into XBMC, press ENTER for 5 seconds, it will pair and you should be able to use the remote properly now.

Regards
Would it be possible to have the ps3 remote AND the sixaxis controller working at the same time (I use the remote flawlessly in xbmc) but would like to use a sixaxis controller for emulators. Is there going to be any conflict (before I install anything)

Any help would be most welcome
is there anyone out there can shed some light!
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2012-07-16, 20:27)leepenny Wrote: Would it be possible to have the ps3 remote AND the sixaxis controller working at the same time (I use the remote flawlessly in xbmc) but would like to use a sixaxis controller for emulators. Is there going to be any conflict (before I install anything)

Any help would be most welcome
is there anyone out there can shed some light!

bump - any helful how to's?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Hello.

Since I updated Ubuntu 12.04 to 12.10, PS3 remote has started to auto-disconnect after a few seconds.

Kitlaan's patches seems not to be available for Ubuntu 12.10. Anybody knows if there is any alternative?

Thanks in advance. Regards.
My hard drive on my asrock ion 330 took a dump lately, I have been using a '9' version (upgraded to 10 via update) of xbmcfreak with the ps3 bd remote, based on this thread.

I installed xbmcbuntu 'frodo' RC1. Tried at first to just use 'bluez' with repositories included in this disto, with ps3pair.py. That got me basic fuctionality of the ps3 remote (select, with directional control, and back key.. no volume control).

I purged bluez, got the 4.94 source, used kitlaans patch and got it all working again.

Im no guru, it took me awhile, but it is possible.

This thread is long, lots of it is outdated, but it still helped me.
(2012-12-17, 10:32)bejinxed Wrote: My hard drive on my asrock ion 330 took a dump lately, I have been using a '9' version (upgraded to 10 via update) of xbmcfreak with the ps3 bd remote, based on this thread.

I installed xbmcbuntu 'frodo' RC1. Tried at first to just use 'bluez' with repositories included in this disto, with ps3pair.py. That got me basic fuctionality of the ps3 remote (select, with directional control, and back key.. no volume control).

I purged bluez, got the 4.94 source, used kitlaans patch and got it all working again.

Im no guru, it took me awhile, but it is possible.

This thread is long, lots of it is outdated, but it still helped me.

Maybe it's because I'm a linux noob, but I've been trying to downgrade bluez and apply the patch to no avail.

I'm using Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon, and everytime I purge bluez, it blows most of my desktop packages away and leaves the OS unable to boot.

After about 5 goes at getting my HTPC up and running properly, only to blow it away at this step, I took a backup image of my current install (which I'm totally happy with, aside form the BD remote), so I'm open to trying again......
i compiled and install bluez 4.94 with kitlaans patch, but the python script for pairing remote comes up with a bunch of errors. Is it known if kitlaan is likely to update the ppa for ubuntu 12.10?

I tried ruff's ppa and i couldn't get blueman to work or pair with the script Sad
I also started to compile Bluez 4.94 with kitlaans patch but I could not configure DBUS required ? any Ideas?
I've updated the Wiki page. I've also added installation of dependencies, that should fix your dbus problem, darkshadow.

Personally I didn't properly package it since the Ubuntu startup scripts aren't created when building purely from source. Instead, I kept the original Ubuntu bluez package and overwrote the binaries by simply running "make install" instead of checkinstall. Obviously, I also had to add --prefix=/usr to ./configure in order to have the same installation path.

So my whole install log is:

Code:
sudo apt-get install bluez libdbus-1-dev libglib2.0-dev python-dbus python-gobject
sudo service bluetooth stop
cd ~
wget http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/projects/bluez-ps3remote/bluez_ps3remote_4.91.diff
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-4.91.tar.gz
tar xvfz bluez-4.91.tar.gz
cd bluez-4.91
patch -p1 < ../bluez_ps3remote_4.91.diff
./configure --prefix=/usr && make
sudo make install
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/input.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/input.conf
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/serial.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/serial.conf

This worked with a fresh (mini) installation of Ubuntu 12.10.

Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hi Freezy,

Just to confirm the the code works on a fresh install of Xbmcbuntu RC2.

Here are the steps I followed including pairing.
Code:
SSH into your XBMC box

sudo apt-get install bluez libdbus-1-dev libglib2.0-dev python-dbus python-gobject
sudo service bluetooth stop
cd ~
wget http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/projects/bluez-ps3remote/bluez_ps3remote_4.91.diff
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-4.91.tar.gz
tar xvfz bluez-4.91.tar.gz
cd bluez-4.91
patch -p1 < ../bluez_ps3remote_4.91.diff
./configure --prefix=/usr && make
sudo make install
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/input.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/input.conf
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
sudo ln -s /etc/bluetooth/serial.conf /usr/etc/bluetooth/serial.conf

sudo reboot

SSH into your XBMC box

cd ~
wget http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/projects/bluez-ps3remote/ps3pair.tar.gz
tar xvfz ps3pair.tar.gz
cd ~/ps3pair
sudo python ps3_pair.py

Follow on screen instructions to pair remote.
To check remote is connected run.

/usr/share/doc/bluez/examples/list-devices

Edit-update /etc/bluetooth/input.conf file as required

sudo nano /etc/bluetooth/input.conf

More detailed information can be found on the Wiki Page
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS6