• 47(current)
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
Cool, glad you got it working.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Hi.

Anyone seen a patch for 4.101. The http://kitlaan.twinaxis.com/projects/blu..._4.91.diff does not apply straight forward and before I try to get it working, I wondered whether exists already a patch for recent bluez versions.

M
Thought I would share my keymap with you guys. I use some extra binds I have defined in my keyboard.xml
Here is a picture of my setup:

Here is how to use it. SSH into you xmbc:
Code:
cd .xbmc/userdata/keymaps/
wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89032099/XBMC/keyboard.xml
cd /etc/bluetooth
sudo mv input.conf input.conf.bak
sudo wget http://dl.dropbox.com/u/89032099/XBMC/input.conf
sudo reboot
You might want to change the timeout setting in the input.conf. Mine is set to 5 minutes.

Note: I have an old version of the remote. On my remote the yellow button and the blue button are switched, making yellow my most right button. (Hence the order of the buttons)
Hello. I'd like to share some work I've done: I've switched to uinput, because it's much more reliable, I didn't want to patch bluez (and map new keys), so I've wanted to use lirc, but lirc does not provide autorepeat in this case.

The solution: I've patched inputlircd to emulate remote repeat. XBMC (probably lirc library) then provides autorepeat delay, here are the patched sources:
https://github.com/nullie/inputlircd
It requires libev to compile.

Feel free to ask questions here, to PM, email, or on github/
I have the newer model of PS3 remote (model number CECH-ZRC1U) that includes IR as well as bluetooth (so it can control a TV and receiver as well as XBMC). I've followed the instructions on the wiki page, and everything seems to work except for the triangle (context menu) and square (full screen) buttons. Has anyone seen this issue before? Is it sending the wrong key-codes? If so, what are the proper key-codes? I have XBMC set to read remote inputs as keyboard presses, is this correct?
Do you use patched bluez? It won't work without patches, because KEY_OPTION has keycode above 255, and xorg cannot pass it to xbmc (1-byte limit).
I uninstalled bluez and installed & patched following the instructions from freezy. All buttons work, but the remote will disconnect after a few button presses, and then need to reconnect/sync after a brief downtime. Any suggestions on that? I've increased the timeout from one minute to five minutes, but it hasn't helped.
I was having the same issue. Installed the latest XBMCbunto (based on 12.10) and installed the patched bluez over the default one. It was working but the remote would timeout very quickly.

I tried uping the timeout in input.conf to 60. I thought maybe now the timeout is in seconds and not minutes. Don't know if i'm lucky or what, it seems to be the case.
I'm following the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote

If I understand this correctly can I get all keyboard commands through the PS3-RC by simply replacing the input.conf file? How can I get all key presses? I'm only getting certain key presses on the PS3-RC.
(2013-04-10, 04:37)OS/2 Wrote: I'm following the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_Setup_PS3_BD_Remote

If I understand this correctly can I get all keyboard commands through the PS3-RC by simply replacing the input.conf file? How can I get all key presses? I'm only getting certain key presses on the PS3-RC.

Have you changed your remote address in input.conf. If you only have the one just comment out the line

Martin
I have indeed updated the MAC address in the /etc/bluetooth/input.conf

In Xterm I only get Up/Down/Left/Right, [0..9], Enter. My /etc/bluetooth/input.conf has key maps such that for example the Pause button should be the letter P on a normal keyboard. But I don't get all of the keymaps.

The other thing is, in Blueman I'm unable to connect the device to Input Service as I keep getting this error: Connection Failed: Connection refused (111). Could this be what's stopping the device from reading input.conf?

I've followed the instructions as per the wiki but am obviously missing something.
(2013-04-10, 14:47)OS/2 Wrote: I have indeed updated the MAC address in the /etc/bluetooth/input.conf

In Xterm I only get Up/Down/Left/Right, [0..9], Enter. My /etc/bluetooth/input.conf has key maps such that for example the Pause button should be the letter P on a normal keyboard. But I don't get all of the keymaps.

The other thing is, in Blueman I'm unable to connect the device to Input Service as I keep getting this error: Connection Failed: Connection refused (111). Could this be what's stopping the device from reading input.conf?

I've followed the instructions as per the wiki but am obviously missing something.

My wiki is here...might give you a few hints. Describes how I got the PS3 remote working with both mythtv and xbmc. Just leave out the mythtv specific bits and appswitch.pl

http://www.harley-jones.co.uk/?p=41

Depending on your distro you may not need to start uinput manually as its built into later kernels.

Martin
Hi Martin,

I've seen your blog/wiki. Actually I wanted to map all PS3 keystrokes to the keyboard more generally and arbitrarily.
For example, I'm trying to get it to work with MythTV without using LIRC but rather the uinput layer alone. I already get Up/Down/Left/Right/Enter, [0..9] but none of the rest of the keys. So how can I know the /etc/bluetooth/input.conf is being read?
(2013-04-10, 15:00)OS/2 Wrote: Hi Martin,

I've seen your blog/wiki. Actually I wanted to map all PS3 keystrokes to the keyboard more generally and arbitrarily.
For example, I'm trying to get it to work with MythTV without using LIRC but rather the uinput layer alone. I already get Up/Down/Left/Right/Enter, [0..9] but none of the rest of the keys. So how can I know the /etc/bluetooth/input.conf is being read?

To be honest its some time since I did this now and I used LIRC because that was the way at the time...I did look (very briefly) when I read about just using uinput and not LIRC but as I make use of irexec to flip between xbmc and the mythfrontend I never looked much further

Martin
(2013-02-22, 10:02)nullie Wrote: Do you use patched bluez? It won't work without patches, because KEY_OPTION has keycode above 255, and xorg cannot pass it to xbmc (1-byte limit).

I've patched Bluez. I'm still stuck.

(2012-02-24, 04:58)tweaker Wrote: Is it possible to map two keys to one button in input.conf?

I want to map ALT-F4 and ESC to the eject button.

This is what I'm trying to do along with a few other buttons..
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS6