Why don't I get fanart
Hi

Fairly simple question really. XBMC scrapes fanart for most my movies, but not for this one, even though there is fanart on the site - why not?

http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/908

I know I can use Media Companion or Movie Information Plus, I'm just curious as to why XBMC doesn't see it when those apps do.
nobody will ever be able to help you without a proper debug log.
spiff Wrote:nobody will ever be able to help you without a proper debug log.

What's a debug log then?

Never mind, I think I found it on Google
Here it is - http://pastebin.com/f1cdeece6
problem identified - thanks. shouldn't take long before a fix pops up
There are multiple problems scraping fanart for "Het Schnitzelparadijs" ..

1) XBMC was assuming all fanarts are .jpg, this was just fixed in SVN revision 20150. Nonetheless we expect a proper file extension which is not given for all "Het Schnitzelparadijs" backdrops.
2) our scrapers are looking for preview images which are usually named <somewhat>_thumb.ext, but for some reason those names are totally messed up. It's "Het_thumb.Schnitzelparadijs-fanart" so the regular expression won't stick.

I would suggest to request a fanart naming fix at the themoviedb.org support forums.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:There are multiple problems scraping fanart for "Het Schnitzelparadijs" ..

1) XBMC was assuming all fanarts are .jpg, this was just fixed in SVN revision 20150. Nonetheless we expect a proper file extension which is not given for all "Het Schnitzelparadijs" backdrops.
2) our scrapers are looking for preview images which are usually named <somewhat>_thumb.ext, but for some reason those names are totally messed up. It's "Het_thumb.Schnitzelparadijs-fanart" so the regular expression won't stick.

I would suggest to request a fanart naming fix at the themoviedb.org support forums.

This is partly my fault. You see, I uploaded the fanart, but when I uploaded it I named it Het.Schnitzelparadijs-fanart.jpg. I then read somewhere that XBMC requires fanart to be below a certain size, so I recompressed the file and uploaded it again (still with the same name). I then realised that the "." in the filename might be the problem (i.e. the reason the website wasn't passing the .jpg extension) so uploaded it a final time as fanart1.jpg. I think that the TMDB api must insert "_thumb" before the first "." it finds in the filename, hence the misnaming.

I'm guessing that because the first fanart fails to fetch, it then gives up trying to parse the others (specifically, fanart1_thumb.jpg, which seems to be in the correct format)?
Fanart should be fine now, nonetheless you should request the removal of the faulty try in their forums.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why don't I get fanart0