Help! cant activate Database mode for videos
Hi,

I tried a lot - even purging all xbmc packages and deleting .xbmc - but Im no longer able to activate the library mode for videos.

Im using xbmc stable (9.04) on ubuntu 9.04 - any help is appreciated!

Thanks
Uwe
Perhaps the library is empty?
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I've not seen the Library referred to as "Database Mode." Are you sure you're talking about the right thing?
what else could he be referring to?
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post233507
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
nice link Smile
sorry this was my own translation since Im using the german language setting - actually Im not able to select "library mode"

The contents has been setup correct for the directory containing movies, but the button is still greyed out (Database activation has been selected in the Setting menu too)

Thanks
Uwe
uxtuner Wrote:sorry this was my own translation since Im using the german language setting - actually Im not able to select "library mode"

The contents has been setup correct for the directory containing movies, but the button is still greyed out (Database activation has been selected in the Setting menu too)

Thanks
Uwe

I think it isn't detecting any files. Try manually adding something to the library by selecting a file, hitting the 'context menu' button, and selecting add manually.

I personally can't get it to recognize any of my TV episodes, despite following the instructions in the link someone posted above. I am trying a make reallyclean to see if it helps.

xnappo
What is it about the debug log part that people don't get?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sho Wrote:What is it about the debug log part that people don't get?

I mean to post a debug log - the reason I didn't start my own thread was because I didn't have one.

xnappo
@xnappo
manually adding one recording worked - now I can select library mode again

Thanks for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help! cant activate Database mode for videos1