Full IMDB actor search.
At the moment, when you click on an actor in the cast window, it tells you what films you have in your data file then they are also in. Usually I tend to know this anyway, what I really want to know is what else are they in that I don't have, and might like to get.

It might be nice to add a feature to get a full list of the actors movies using the scraper's database.

I realise that the probable limitation on this is that the information is not already on the hard drive and to do so for evbery actor in every film would be very difficult. Is it too hard to connect to the internet and get this information on request?
Sounds like a reasonable idea.
I had just thought of this, so I thought I'd bump this. Even better if we could then global search plugins for entries found on IMDB.
(2009-05-13, 00:09)Justcop Wrote: At the moment, when you click on an actor in the cast window, it tells you what films you have in your data file then they are also in. Usually I tend to know this anyway, what I really want to know is what else are they in that I don't have, and might like to get.

It might be nice to add a feature to get a full list of the actors movies using the scraper's database.

I realise that the probable limitation on this is that the information is not already on the hard drive and to do so for evbery actor in every film would be very difficult. Is it too hard to connect to the internet and get this information on request?

You can get this functionality by using the Metadata Actors addon along with a slew of other features (actor bio, actor fanart / thumbs, etc).

I'm running Kodi 17.6 (Git 2017-11-16-484e823) and I can't find a "Metadata Actors addon".

Is this functionality available in my Kodi version, and if yes how? I'd love to see what else a specific actor did that's not in my local kodi movie database but exists on IMDB oder some other online movie database.
@kaefert

You need this add-on. Install it from the Official Kodi Repository... https://kodi.tv/addon/program-add-ons-sc...nfo-script
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
ah okey, found and installed that. but how do I use it? I now got an "Extended info" button in the movie detail page but when I press this it does nothing for about 10 seconds and then displays this popup error notification: "could not find valid content type"

UPDATE: so what seems to be working is the context menu item in the movie list called "Open ExtendedInfo dialog" where I get a nice info screen, but the actors sadly are not clickable so I can see what actors are in the movie but not in what other movies a particular one of them is.

UPDATE2: ah okey I can actually select an actor and see their other movies using the keyboard and enter, only clicking on them with the mouse doesnt work. strange.
Some skins access the info by highlighting the actor, then pressing the UP arrow. IIRC the default Estuary skin does it this way.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
perfect, works nicely, thanks!
Controlling it with the keyboard is a bit odd, I usually use the "air mouse" feature of my MX3 remote control to navigate through kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full IMDB actor search.0