Stereo to A52 (AC3) using a near real-time software encoder
Gamester17 Wrote:hmm, perhaps it is only in the smoothvideo branch (that has yet to be merged into the mainline branch)?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=46091

Huh

It's in there now.
gnif Wrote:I then descovered the alsa A52 plugin, which while it partially worked for me, would not work at all properly with XBMC, I was getting time skipping backwards problems, and all sorts of weird issues.

After hours of hacking the A52 plugin source, I decided that it was crap, and dropped in in favour of re-writing it from scratch, and trying to learn the alsa plugin api, and came up with a perfect solution (for me anyway).

http://code.google.com/p/a52plug

Hi,
I cant seem to connect to the a52plug project at the moment.
Is it possible to upload a snapshot of the source, I am quite interested to test this plugin out as I am having issues with the alsa a52.

thanks,
Danny
I have pulled a52plug, the code is fatally flawed, when i wrote it my understanding of ac3 was very limited.

I am working on another patch that should correct all the audio mapping hacks and issues throughout XBMC... once that is ready and *hopefully* committed, I will update the ac3 patch for it. This should resolve all audio mapping problems from 1-6 channels for all codecs in both the DVDPlayer and paplayer
I am not scared of SVN - Cutting my hands open on the bleeding edge.
gnif Wrote:I have pulled a52plug, the code is fatally flawed, when i wrote it my understanding of ac3 was very limited.

I am working on another patch that should correct all the audio mapping hacks and issues throughout XBMC... once that is ready and *hopefully* committed, I will update the ac3 patch for it. This should resolve all audio mapping problems from 1-6 channels for all codecs in both the DVDPlayer and paplayer

I dont actually use XBMC, I am a linux dev and on my main system I use A52 output to my amp.
The main issue I have is the current plugin is incompatible with the latest pulseaudio (which I used to love when it worked well in my system), I'm sure this is to do with the plugin blocking I/O or stalling pulse in some way. I wanted to take a look at your code merely just to see what you had done.

It would be great if you could mail it to me (if you haven't deleted it) my mail is danny at danwood.org.uk.

Cheers,
Danny

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stereo to A52 (AC3) using a near real-time software encoder0