[MAC] New XBMCHelper (post Babylon) help?
Question 
The following entries from keymaps.xml are examples of those ignored by the current SVN version of the helper. They work just fine in the beta provided at the start of this thread:

<!-- F3 --> <button id="55">XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles,return)</button>
<!-- F2 --> <button id="54">XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowtitles,return)</button>
<!-- F4 --> <button id="56">XBMC.ActivateWindow(Weather)</button>
<!-- F5 --> <button id="93">XBMC.updatelibrary(video)</button>
<!-- F7 --> <button id="95">XBMC.Container.NextViewMode</button>
<!-- F8 --> <button id="96">XBMC.Container.PreviousViewMode</button>

(Ignore the oddly placed spaces, it's just a formatting error in the reply window)
brave little meme loves you.
Just tried here and I see something similar, thanks for pointing this out!
(please attach logs to such bug reports (console.log clearly shows what's happening))

What's the problem?
As already pointed out, the Harmony is essentially a bunch of AppleRemotes (currently 10), which have all their own ID. So hitting one button on the Harmony is like hitting one button of those 10 AppleRemotes. Problem is, that we currently get only notified which AppleRemote is sending a button, on the first press that comes from that remote. An example:
XBMCHelper starts up, assumes ID 150 (the default one for OK, menu, right, left, etc)
you press Menu: Helper gets Menu
you press F3: Helper sees new Remote (e.g. ID==151) and again a Menu press. Now ID==151 combined with Menu gives button 54
you press F4: Helper sees OK, combined with ID==151 gives button 55
XBMC/Helper is restarted and sets ID to 150
you press F3: Helper sees Menu, combined with ID==150 -> a simple Menu press is sent.

Pressing Menu (or left/right,...) and afterwards F3 should fix it. If you use the Harmony to start XBMC by pressing menu, this should work from beginning on.

do you see the same?

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Argh, I'd have to re-install the SVN version and test, but from what I remember pressing Menu before those keys did not help. I have it all working at the moment (by replacing XBMCHelper with the one you provided) and it works fine, and I'm not going to break it just yet Smile

Also, pressing Menu on my system loads XBMC fine, and pressing it again within XBMC loads up the contextual menu (in Aeon). With the SVN version I had to HOLD Menu to get XBMC to start up, then all those custom keys above were only interpreted as left or right.

I guess I'm just wondering, why is the SVN version different from yours, since yours works just fine?
Doraemonn Wrote:[...]
Also, pressing Menu on my system loads XBMC fine, and pressing it again within XBMC loads up the contextual menu (in Aeon).

not sure if it was understandable what I posted above, but that's how it is. The same problems appear with both versions, but yes, as posted above, pressing Menu to start XBMC fixes the problems.

Doraemonn Wrote:With the SVN version I had to HOLD Menu to get XBMC to start up, then all those custom keys above were only interpreted as left or right.
that was
a) the old helper or
b) you did not set AppleRemote to MultiRemote (Harmony)

Doraemonn Wrote:I guess I'm just wondering, why is the SVN version different from yours, since yours works just fine?

besides some fixes (see them by trying svn diff https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot.../OSXRemote) , those are the same versions.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I take it the new one still hasn't hit the linuxport branch? I built from SVN today and once again it failed to work - directions and OK work, but nothing else. I had to replace it manually with the one on the first page of this thread.
(moved your post to this post-babylon-xbmchelper thread)

Doraemonn Wrote:I take it the new one still hasn't hit the linuxport branch? I built from SVN today and once again it failed to work - directions and OK work, but nothing else. I had to replace it manually with the one on the first page of this thread.

Hi Doraemon,

the new XBMCHelper is present in linuxport and default since a few weeks.
Friend of mine just had this problem, too. He missed to do a configure before building, maybe that's the problem?

You may want to start XBMCHelper manually, e.g. with /Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/tools/osx/XBMCHelper -vm
to see what's going on. Please post that output here.
The binary I posted for Babylon and current svn are _really_ (besides the default mode) the same.

cheers,
mdd

Erm... how do I do a configure before building? Smile

Anyway I'm a bit wary of SVNs after today. I compiled the latest one, experimented with smoothvideo, it refused to play anything AND nuked my entire library. Gonna have to cool down before I try that again!
Ok so as of SVN 20669 of the linuxport branch I'm sill having to manually replace ?XBMCHelper in order to get anything but the direction keys to work on my Harmony remote. Console log attached:

http://pastebin.com/m7194cf5f

Any ideas?
@Doraemonn:
Just moved your post (again) to this thread. There are 2 threads for the new XBMCHelper, one for Babylon release, one for current (post Babylon) svn. Would be nice if you could post to the right one.

Maybe README.osx is a good place to start before building current svn.

cheers,
mdd

My sincere apologies!

I have read and followed Readme.osx, but not checked for updates to the document for recent builds. I'll re-visit it.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] New XBMCHelper (post Babylon) help?0