"Library Mode" on a Removable Media
Hi folks,

I always use library mode on XBMC because the I like the "visual" better than the standard mode.

What I'm missing is some way to use removable media with the library mode visual.

When I burn a TV Show on DVD, I always export it's library data (with all fanarts, etc.) and burn it with the videos.

When I insert this DVD, I wish XBMC could automatic detect it as containing a library mode data and then add a new entry on the root level of library mode screen with the name of the disc or with some name like "External Disk, Removable Media, etc."

I hope that I explained right. Sorry for my english.

Thanks,

Renato
checkout #5104

The idea behind this ticket is to have a special://UID/foo/bar which would link to a specific partition instead of a path. I can't speak for how it would work on windows / os x though.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
That's a great idea and even more so for those of us that use external hard drives. We could, in theory, take the hard drive with us to friends who also have XBMC and have XBMC automatically see the new files in the library view.

Great idea!
Sranshaft Wrote:That's a great idea and even more so for those of us that use external hard drives. We could, in theory, take the hard drive with us to friends who also have XBMC and have XBMC automatically see the new files in the library view.

Great idea!

Thats not the idea of the ticket I posted.

What you would want is export to nfo's or something similar. However you could have your suggestion as another ticket.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Library Mode" on a Removable Media0