Automated vob compression?
(Skip to second paragraph to avoid unnecessary backstory) So here's my dilemma. When I began my movie collection back in my MCE 2005 days, I was obsessed with getting a complete 1:1 copy of my movies, and so I ripped them all as only decrypted .VOB's. After watching some HD rips that had been compressed in H.264 and looked fantastic even at the same filesize as my sddvd rips, I soon realized how much storage I was completely wasting. (Plus I now find the dvd menus extraordinarily annoying and the extra features rather useless.)

I know there are plenty of ways to get good quality h.264 conversions from vob's, but with ~200 movies all of the methods I've found would be quite an undertaking. What I'm looking for is a way to automagically strip the main movie from a VIDEO_TS folder into an h.264 (or any other good format) compressed .mkv file in as few clicks as possible.

Thanks. Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
natew Wrote:(Skip to second paragraph to avoid unnecessary backstory) So here's my dilemma. When I began my movie collection back in my MCE 2005 days, I was obsessed with getting a complete 1:1 copy of my movies, and so I ripped them all as only decrypted .VOB's. After watching some HD rips that had been compressed in H.264 and looked fantastic even at the same filesize as my sddvd rips, I soon realized how much storage I was completely wasting. (Plus I now find the dvd menus extraordinarily annoying and the extra features rather useless.)

I know there are plenty of ways to get good quality h.264 conversions from vob's, but with ~200 movies all of the methods I've found would be quite an undertaking. What I'm looking for is a way to automagically strip the main movie from a VIDEO_TS folder into an h.264 (or any other good format) compressed .mkv file in as few clicks as possible.

Thanks. Smile

handbrake or avidemux
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hm.. I hadn't heard of avidemux. Thanks! Smile
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automated vob compression?0