• 103(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
bladeds Wrote:did you set up the dns first on your pc and you have to do this first, do that and see i iplayer works on your pc?

I set up the DNS on the apple TV in the front row UI and iPlayer works. Didn't mess with the router settings.
dlake02 Wrote:To get the full HD stream, it looks like I have to specifically set this in the "Settings."

debug log please.
Hi exobuzz - sorry to be 'that guy' who asks something of somebody who is devoting their free time to develop and support a plugin in xbmc.

I was wondering if you had any thoughts about making the plugin compatible with Eden-pre. It seems a lot of plugins work with the nightlies and the only reason I am not updating (for mainly the buffer updates) is because of iPlayer.

If you've had a look at updating, is it going to be a 'big job' to get it working?
mortstar Wrote:Hi exobuzz - sorry to be 'that guy' who asks something of somebody who is devoting their free time to develop and support a plugin in xbmc.

I was wondering if you had any thoughts about making the plugin compatible with Eden-pre. It seems a lot of plugins work with the nightlies and the only reason I am not updating (for mainly the buffer updates) is because of iPlayer.

If you've had a look at updating, is it going to be a 'big job' to get it working?

it works on my pre-eden linux version I have here. I think it doesnt work right on windows, perhaps because of the python modules windows ships with (i think it misses something). I'm not going to spend time on it now, in case its something they will change anyway.
Is it normal for skipping/fast forwarding to not work? Im used to it not working on the old XBOX but thought it might work ok on DHARMA?
skipping and fast forwarding usually works for me fine

cami Wrote:Is it normal for skipping/fast forwarding to not work? Im used to it not working on the old XBOX but thought it might work ok on DHARMA?
exobuzz Wrote:it works on my pre-eden linux version I have here. I think it doesnt work right on windows, perhaps because of the python modules windows ships with (i think it misses something). I'm not going to spend time on it now, in case its something they will change anyway.

Bummer, I'm in the same boat as Mortstar and popped in here to see if the nightlies were working with it yet. Thanks anyway.
Wonder if someone can help me. I've got the latest nightly build installed on my atv2 and when I try to start a stream from iplayer using 2.12.4 version of iplayer i'm getting the following error log:

http://pastebin.com/7xeKrbK8

any ideas? i'm at a loss as to what to do!
PeterUK Wrote:Bummer, I'm in the same boat as Mortstar and popped in here to see if the nightlies were working with it yet. Thanks anyway.

Second that
PeterUK Wrote:Bummer, I'm in the same boat as Mortstar and popped in here to see if the nightlies were working with it yet. Thanks anyway.

Stranger Wrote:Second that

Just to let you guys and exobuzz know; after my post I went and tried iPlayer on a more recent nightly build (20110620-cc13f97) and iPlayer is working great on my Windows XP virtual machine. So it should work fine for you too Smile

No more need to hold off nightlies now
Faaantastic, cheers Big Grin
mortstar Wrote:Just to let you guys and exobuzz know; after my post I went and tried iPlayer on a more recent nightly build (20110620-cc13f97) and iPlayer is working great on my Windows XP virtual machine. So it should work fine for you too Smile

No more need to hold off nightlies now

After reading this I tried installing the latest nightly build (7/2/2011) but still no luck with iPlayer. Back to Dharma Sad
gjlp Wrote:Back to Dharma Sad

And me Sad
bladeds Wrote:skipping and fast forwarding usually works for me fine

For me it rarely works. Usually it causes xbmc to lock up/freeze. And pausing sometimes causes the video to stop playing.

If i play something and dont pause, ff etc it's fine.
Hi everybody, firstly I wanted to say thanks for this plugin, its easily the most used one in my home, I recently moved to South Africa and its keeping me sane. (In case anybody is interested, I am using a witopia VPN and it works brilliantly, live channels work a treat and the speed and qos is flawless!).

I have a question for people who use it regularly though. Reasonably often, when I change channels or sometimes just connect for the first time it takes me sometimes 3 or 4 attempts to get a stream to play, the log just says that its unable to get information about the stream.
Is that something people experience as well, I was hoping there might be a neat trick up somebody's sleeve if its a common little issue (its all about the GAF really, she is slightly less tolerant then I am... specially since I politely removed the satellite receiver and told her I could give her brilliant BBC for free Big Grin).

Once it connects its truly brilliant though, genuinely pretty astounded at the clarity and the smooth picture.

thanks again
Paul

(sorry, just to add, I am runnig Darma on ubuntu 10.04)
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13