• 109(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
charlesdriver Wrote:However, when I go through Video, Add Source, Browse - there is no option to add a video plugin. What am I missing?

you need to be going to video > addons

or are you trying to achieve something else?
Cheers bladeds, at least I am not the only one - yeah shows that played yesterday now don't play today, after a restart etc, and new shows will not play either - anybody else's so temperamental? Or has anyone managed to sort this out at all?
@jmcdonnell Yes I've got problems with iplayer too. I've been running Aeon Nox but switching to Confluence seems to have sorted it.
I am running confluence - the default skin, right...? And I still have problems ;( anyone else any ideas to make iplayer reliably play whatever is listed? Or to get a list of the program's that will play?
Cheers all
J
jmcdonnell Wrote:I am running confluence - the default skin, right...? And I still have problems ;( anyone else any ideas to make iplayer reliably play whatever is listed? Or to get a list of the program's that will play?
Cheers all
J

Yes Confluence is the default skin.

I was running the latest nightly Aeon Nox SVN on Linux and was having problems watching Pointless. Selecting an episode would sometimes freeze the system but I still heard the audio of the programme. Rebooting and re-trying would make the episode play normally but running Confluence doesn't cause these issues for me.
Hmmm strange, I guess it is because I am using a proxy to the uk - I have just been trying unblock.us and although shows play reliably, only one will play then the next will crash xbmc completely. To the developer, if you're out there, it would be great to get that bug sorted out if you can recreate it, that would be me set up on iplayer! I will post a log etc this evening if it will help, but if anyone else could set up a free trial on unblock . Us and see if after a program or 2 xbmc bins out that would be top.
Cheers all
J
Help !

I am trying to get iPlayer to work via an HTTP proxy. I have set the proxy config on the iPlayer "settings" page, and all seems OK in that I see the directory, update to programs, and in the log, I am even handed an rtmp stream to play.

But then I get an "Error - cannot play unplayble stream....."

I don't have the proxy setup in the main XBMC Network settings - just on the iPlayer plugin.

Can any one help please ? Does this work (latest iPlayer plugin).

Thanks

David
dlake02 Wrote:Can any one help please ? Does this work (latest iPlayer plugin).

Not without a debug log. (which you know, since you have asked users yourself for them!)

all I can tell you without is that some of the streams (certainly the live), are geolocked, so the proxy won't help (that's just for meta data). Others could be too, so you could play with the stream source, or get a vpn if you are outside of the uk.
Quote:Not without a debug log. (which you know, since you have asked users yourself for them!)

Yeah, I know Wink I'm working on that now, and I've taken a Wireshark trace of my PC through a Proxy which works to an Akamai stream and via XBMC through the same proxy which doesn't. Trouble is, the box is in near constant use, so I need to setup on a separate PC......

I have a UK Proxy using PPTP, but it appears that my ISP rate-limits VPN traffic to about 1Mbit/s. But, the CDN other than for live appears to be distributed.

I'll grab a log.

Thanks !
Here you go...

http://pastebin.com/4dWKshv4

Now, weird stuff time. I'm playing this through a proxy, and on my PC (IE7), I can play this video using the same CDN server, cp41752.edgefcs.net.

On XBMC, I get the URI back as you see in the log, but it fails to play. Change to Limelight or L3 and it works.

So, it is only the Akamai stream that is failing - and I've proved that isn't geolocked as it works on my PC with the same HTTP proxy set (and the same public facing IP address...)

Odd, isn't it ?

David
it is odd, but please turn on debugging in xbmc and more information will be shown.
Here you are:

http://pastebin.com/QfkURvvk

David
what version of librtmp do you have?

also that is not a full log, the whole log should be posted so I can read stuff like xbmc version and so on.

I can only think that akamai is geolocked. perhaps when you use the browser it just happens to be chosing limelight. I am unable to reproduce the issue here. I also don't really "support" playback via proxy etc. That's up to users to try and figure out. The fact it might have some proxy options is just luck Smile
Hi

Latest librtmp (ITV works just fine) and 2.4.13 iPlayer.

I would agree that Akamai is geolocked, EXCEPT.... When I use my PC I use the same Akamai server than XBMC is selecting. And that is via a proxy.

So it does seem to be uniquely related to a) operating via the proxy and b) selecting Akamai streams. It's a shame, because the Akamai edge CDN is in a data center just down the road from me, whereas the Limelight CDN is in Arizona....

I'm trying to grab a Wireshark trace of an RTMP request from my PC via the proxy to Akamai at the moment...

David
dlake02 Wrote:I'm trying to grab a Wireshark trace of an RTMP request from my PC via the proxy to Akamai at the moment...

David

perhaps flash uses the proxy also for the actual stream? Wireshark will reveal the answers.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13