• 164(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Whoever is maintaining this plugin could you please update the first page in this thread. It's clearly outdated. Hunting around I kind of figured out where to get the current plugin. I last updated mine in early 2013. However, since the maintainers seem to have changed since then I'm not certain if the new plugin is supported on the Eden release.

Thanks
(2014-06-18, 19:52)rontbeamer Wrote: Whoever is maintaining this plugin could you please update the first page in this thread. It's clearly outdated. Hunting around I kind of figured out where to get the current plugin. I last updated mine in early 2013. However, since the maintainers seem to have changed since then I'm not certain if the new plugin is supported on the Eden release.

Thanks

I don't have access to update the first page unfortunately. I wasn't maintaining it when that was written.

Eden is not supported (if it works then fine, but it won't be modified to work). Please don't tell me you are still running Eden ? Smile

I have been looking after the plugin since mid 2010, so nothing has changed really since 2013.
Start a new thread if needed.

I'll then lock this one and redirect.
Cheers - I'll update here when I have a new thread started with some info - however, It might not be for a few days as I'm going camping Smile
xbmc Iplayer has now stopped working - best guess - the beeb has changed folder locations

my bad forget this post
SInce yesterday iplayer has been displaying no channels, checking the log these two lines are sticking out:

plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer2.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import md5
plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer_search.py:5: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated from sets import Set

using latest version

nm, site is down
The BBC iPlayer service is down and has been since saturday
BBC site -

Quote:Due to technical problems, we are displaying a simplified version of the BBC Homepage. We are working to restore normal service.
(2014-07-20, 11:27)privado Wrote: SInce yesterday iplayer has been displaying no channels, checking the log these two lines are sticking out:

See post from Hitcher - BBC problem.

(2014-07-20, 11:27)privado Wrote: plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer2.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import md5
plugin.video.iplayer/lib/iplayer_search.py:5: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated from sets import Set

using latest version

Since the deprecation warning has been fixed a while ago, and the line numbers you've quoted don't correspond to anything relevant in the latest 2.5.9 code, I can only conclude you don't have the latest version 2.5.9 installed.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Are there still iplayer problems? (Monday)
(2014-07-21, 11:55)castalla Wrote: Are there still iplayer problems? (Monday)

Why not try it and find out?
I tried it ..... but as all these plugins are always hit'n'miss .... more often than not it's impossible to tell if it's a service issue or a plugin problem! My iplayer auto-updated (I think - I got the Welsome to iplayer popup ?) over the weekend so it's even more difficult to tell if it's a plugin issue or still a beeb snafu
on the BBC website posted at 17:35:-

"The BBC says the technical problems that hit the iPlayer and many other online services have been resolved.

The iPlayer service was out of action over most of the weekend thanks to problems with the database behind the catch-up service."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28400908
I have hitchers repo installed. I heard its needed for updates to iplayer. but I've never had updates and had to manually do them? is this normal? thankyou
It hasn't come back for me yet. At least, most of the listings are missing. Can anyone confirm they have the same issue still, or an idea of how to resolve it, or whether it even needs resolving yet?
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13