• 43(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I think that would be great yeah.

Finding a clear overview regarding changes around librtmp, ffmpeg, iplayer, hulu, new plugin format and whatnot is pretty hard, so clarifying any part of it would be great Smile
Mr Peacock Wrote:thunder2010
I have this installed on 2 machines as per page 34. They both work, but on one I have to press play and wait four or five times, then it plays perfectly.

Yeah on exobuzz's recent XBMC/iPlayer combo I get a fail usually on the first try, sometimes the second. But for whatever reason, seeking is way more efficient than it was before, which is great because I often get unavoidable dropouts caused by my IP. This way if the stream stops buffering and playback can't continue it's not too hard to skip back to where I was before, even on really long programs like the Formula 1 GP races.
I just checked the linux build and it played correctly here. no timeouts etc. and the log showed the swf verification working as it should. Perhaps the problem you had was due to some of the glitches I saw with the IPlayer service earlier. Please could you try again, and if no luck post a log.
Hi exobuzz, Thanks for all your efforts on this one. Totally agree that new thread/sticky giving a summary would really help newbies to this thread like me to take advantage of your hard workBig Grin
Nookie Wrote:Totally agree that new thread/sticky giving a summary would really help newbies to this thread like me to take advantage of your hard workBig Grin

me too, this 51 page thread is a big muthaShocked

edit: doh 62 page!!
Nookie Wrote:Hi exobuzz, Thanks for all your efforts on this one. Totally agree that new thread/sticky giving a summary would really help newbies to this thread like me to take advantage of your hard workBig Grin

A mini guide on how to get this working on a basic live installation / basic xbox installation would also be useful
Bagger Wrote:A mini guide on how to get this working on a basic live installation / basic xbox installation would also be useful

I would be incredibly grateful if someone could do a mini-guide for live....
exobuzz Wrote:If anyone is having any kinds of difficulties, I can't really diagnose anything without the logfile. Please do post them (to pastebin or similar).
http://pastebin.com/xecaD59U

In particular, around 10:57:36...
Code:
10:57:36 M: 25632768  NOTICE: SystemError: error return without exception set

10:57:36 M: 25632768    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--

10:57:36 M: 25632768   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SystemError

10:57:36 M: 25632768   ERROR: Error Contents: error return without exception set

10:57:36 M: 25632768   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Q:\plugins\video\IPlayer\default.py", line 1115, in ?

watch(feed, pid, showDialog)

File "Q:\plugins\video\IPlayer\default.py", line 1027, in watch

play.add(url,listitem)

SystemError: error return without exception set

10:57:36 M: 25632768    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

10:57:36 M: 25632768    INFO: Python script stopped
Unsure what might be causing this. Maybe it was unable to get any media for the item so the play failed. Is this intermittent? If so, Having a log with the item working also might be worth looking at.
exobuzz Wrote:Unsure what might be causing this. Maybe it was unable to get any media for the item so the play failed. Is this intermittent? If so, Having a log with the item working also might be worth looking at.
Intermittent? No. Whenever I try that "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" prog on BBC4 (the first one I tried after updating this particular XBOX) it's the same outcome. Ditto for Doctor Who episodes. However, strange outcome when trying a ZingZillas episode - it took ages and ages to buffer and start-up, then played (emptying the buffer), re buffered (taking ages again)...

I tried playing the BBC4 Museum prog* using my Revo (which uses the get_iplayer workaround) and it succeeded first time.

* you've gotta larf at the old men getting upset with each other. Great stuff.
I've managed to reproduce it, but only when i set the plugin to limelight. Have you set your plugin settings to the akamai streams, as that should work better. There might be some problems in the way the preference stuff works, but I find akamai works better anyway.
Limelight streams are not working until I update the IPlayer again. They were kindly providing the constructed URL for limelight before in the XML. now they have dropped that, so I will go back to constructing it manually again.
exobuzz Wrote:I've managed to reproduce it, but only when i set the plugin to limelight. Have you set your plugin settings to the akamai streams, as that should work better. There might be some problems in the way the preference stuff works, but I find akamai works better anyway.
Okay, I had my preference set to "Any". Changed to Akamai, and it's now working*. ...intermittently.

...I see in your subsequent post you're confirming that Limelight's knackered. They just can't stop tinkering can they.

If I get a moment I'll get a log of it again.

(*Still buffering slowly though, but I guess I can investigate that separately.)
Buffering does seem a bit slower here than it was some days ago. Perhaps they put some additional bandwidth throttling on it.

Please try out another new IPlayer plugin release
http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/IPlayer.zip

Limelight should be working again. I also added another config for the "stream timeout". actually its another socket timeout, but I didn't want it confused with the previous setting. the previous setting is for python for when it is getting the various xml data from the bbc. the new stream timeout is for the libRTMP code. I'm hoping it will allow a stream to be paused for longer, but I've not tested it really yet.

Again, please let me know how you get on ;-) I've not tested the plugin on my xbox yet, only on linux, so I'll do that now. Should work the same though.

[edit] buffering seems nice and fast on limelight and akamai now. Perhaps it was network related or a busy time of day. plugin seems to work fine on my xbox also.
hi there!

i was wondering how i would go about using/installing? the libRTMP patch... i use xbmc 9.11 on ubuntu 9.10. I can find it in trac but have no idea how to use it!

any instruction please?
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13