• 77(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Same problem here too - configured UK proxy in Settings>network and tested access using a PC and it works fine - but iPlayer Video Plugin shows the show, then says Error Fetching Media Info and then it tries to play the Video Stream and throws a script error.

I guess the iPlayer plugin is broke
Hitcher Wrote:The broadcast date is already used but the skin needs to support it.

That's cool.

Shame the default skin doesn't include this... How hard would it be for a skinning noob to add?
For some reason it appears that iPlayer in XMBC is not using the network proxy - no idea why but I did read somewhere that someone had found a solution using Proxifier on a Mac and got it to work but that was not applicable to AppleTV and I can find no programs using the SVN installer that will add a network proxy over and above what XMBC uses.

Looks like we are out of luck and will have to just use the PC to watch the BBC Sad
how do i install iplayer? with dharma everything is different and i just install plugins from the add on library now, how can i install this? can anyone give me a step by step? i use dharma rc1 at the moment
i love xbmc
you'll need to unzip the iplayer folder from the zip file, renam eit to plugins.video.iplayer and move it into your c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\xbmc\addons folder Smile
Or follow the instructions in my signature.
Can any one help I get a script failed message when I try and use the Iplayer addon. This is what is in the debug log. Any help is appreciated

ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.Exception
18:05:37 T:2859625328 M:1629405184 ERROR: Error Contents: Could not get AddonPtr!
18:05:37 T:2859625328 M:1629405184 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/charles/.xbmc/addons/IPlayer/default.py", line 22, in ?
import addoncompat
File "/home/charles/.xbmc/addons/IPlayer/lib/addoncompat.py", line 15, in ?
__addon__ = xbmcaddon.Addon(os.path.basename(os.getcwd()))
Exception: Could not get AddonPtr!
18:05:37 T:2859625328 M:1629405184 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
18:05:37 T:2859625328 M:1629405184 INFO: Python script stopped
18:05:37 T:2859625328 M:1629405184 DEBUG: Thread 2859625328 terminating
18:05:37 T:2751527792 M:1629405184 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
18:05:37 T:3021961088 M:1629405184 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/
18:05:37 T:3021961088 M:1629405184 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.iplayer/) failed
How have you installed it?
I downloaded the zip then in addons used the add addon from zip option hope that helps
Is the developer still active?

Is there anyway that the app can be updated to allow a proxy server to be set?

It's fine for people in the UK but for us ex-pats, we can watch through a proxy on the PC but have never been able to get XMBC (on the AppleTV at least) to recognize a proxy.

I'd even be happy to support a developer through a PayPal donation to get this working.
steveclv Wrote:Is the developer still active?

Is there anyway that the app can be updated to allow a proxy server to be set?

It's fine for people in the UK but for us ex-pats, we can watch through a proxy on the PC but have never been able to get XBMC (on the AppleTV at least) to recognize a proxy.

I'd even be happy to support a developer through a PayPal donation to get this working.

Read through this thread -- instructions for doing what you want are provided (using a tool called proxycap).
gjlp Wrote:Read through this thread -- instructions for doing what you want are provided (using a tool called proxycap).

Yes I saw that but it was related to Tor and I don't use or have access to Tor - the other thing is that it appears that Proxycap will affect the whole of XBMC which will then affect CBS and NBC that can only work for US IPs - it would seem to much easier to have the iPlayer have it's own settings for a proxy so that it wouldn't interfere with other plugins.

I would have thought that the developer would want to make this as user friendly as possible and not restricted to techies?

Thanks
Sorry if this is a little off topic but does anyone know if there is a 4OD plugin available for XBMC?
steveclv Wrote:Yes I saw that but it was related to Tor and I don't use or have access to Tor - the other thing is that it appears that Proxycap will affect the whole of XBMC which will then affect CBS and NBC that can only work for US IPs - it would seem to much easier to have the iPlayer have it's own settings for a proxy so that it wouldn't interfere with other plugins.

I would have thought that the developer would want to make this as user friendly as possible and not restricted to techies?

Thanks

Errr... the developer probably wants to have nothing to do with users like you or I accessing BBC content from outside the United Kingdom. Unfortunately, if you want to view BBC programming illegitimately, it is going to require a little effort on your part - most things worth having require a little effort.

It really is pretty quick and easy to install the Tor bundle (including Vidalia) to your machine and then install proxycap using the directions in this thread so as not to interfere with Hulu or other plugins. I posted my own settings in one of my earlier messages in this thread but if you can't find it then let me know.
The developer might have other things to do apart from the iplayer plugin also Smile
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13