• 86(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
exobuzz Wrote:Thanks. I mentioned your repo on the iplayerv2 google site. hope that's ok Smile

No problem.
Wilda Wrote:Thanks for the updates. HD is working great and looks lovely on the TV.

Has any one had any luck with the new proxy setting? I had to modify it to also pass my username and password since my proxy requires authentication but it still throws network errors when browsing some folders and won't play any videos.

I pasted in my own proxy code that I've been using since 2.3.2 and it works for videos but breaks radio. It did this in 2.3.2 too. I'll have to see if I can get it sorted.

I changed the code for httpget(url) back to urllib and changed it to urllib2 since urllib doesn't support proxy authentication.

if urllib2 supports both proxies and authentication it makes sense to use that over the current library + the socks library (which i didnt check if it did authentication but might do).

bearing in mind only the xml handshake is proxied, you can probably use any number of slow/free open proxies.

switching away from http library would mean i need to do a new caching mechanism but actually its preferable to me, since I still run this on the old xbox1 and the less stuff to load the better Smile (And I still use my c64 and amiga - I know.. im seeking help ;-) )

If I had enough free time I would do a rewrite with some sort of modular system to addon lots of tv providers with a unified interface.. As usual I have ideas, and never the time to implement, but switching to urllib2 is a feasible one I guess.

[edit] ill look into making the changes. the urllib2 switch is simple, just the cache stuff would be a nice to have. would be good if you could test code before i release it. please drop me an email buzz [at] exotica.org.uk and we can work on it ?
Question 
Is there any way to force all iPlayer content views to display themselves with a particular 'View' setting eg Thumbnail ?

At present I seem to have to visit each level in the iPlayer content library and set each ones 'View' attribute. I there some way to globally set that attribute?

Thanks

Andrew
exobuzz Wrote:if urllib2 supports both proxies and authentication it makes sense to use that over the current library + the socks library (which i didnt check if it did authentication but might do).

bearing in mind only the xml handshake is proxied, you can probably use any number of slow/free open proxies.

switching away from http library would mean i need to do a new caching mechanism but actually its preferable to me, since I still run this on the old xbox1 and the less stuff to load the better Smile (And I still use my c64 and amiga - I know.. im seeking help ;-) )

If I had enough free time I would do a rewrite with some sort of modular system to addon lots of tv providers with a unified interface.. As usual I have ideas, and never the time to implement, but switching to urllib2 is a feasible one I guess.

[edit] ill look into making the changes. the urllib2 switch is simple, just the cache stuff would be a nice to have. would be good if you could test code before i release it. please drop me an email buzz [at] exotica.org.uk and we can work on it ?

Just a heads up I got radio working, stupid indent error on my part, except when populating the live channel listing Radio 3 throws an error every time.

It would be nice to have more TV providers under one add-on but I understand the time thing.

I would love to help you test proxy support. I'll shoot you an email shortly.
Wilda

Can you share your proxy modifications please ?

Thanks

David
dlake02 Wrote:Wilda

Can you share your proxy modifications please ?

Thanks

David

Check your PMs. The code causes some issues and isn't trivial to install. TV shows and radio streams will sometimes drop for no reason, live TV doesn't work and radio requires you to toggle the proxy off for some odd reason. I'm not ready to post code for everyone since it doesn't work right.
totallymaxed Wrote:Is there any way to force all iPlayer content views to display themselves with a particular 'View' setting eg Thumbnail ?

At present I seem to have to visit each level in the iPlayer content library and set each ones 'View' attribute. I there some way to globally set that attribute?

Thanks

Andrew

This is skin related - when using for the first time it'll start with the first viewtype in the <views> tag.
exobuzz Wrote:* option start on directly on tv/radio page
thanks, the one thing that annoyed me about this plugin was having to choose TV every time!
exobuzz Wrote:* defaults to 1500kbit, level3 streams added - hd playback should be automatic on streams that support it (and if screen res is high enough)
what's an l3 stream?

anyway all seems to work well, thanks as always.
Smiff Wrote:thanks, the one thing that annoyed me about this plugin was having to choose TV every time!

what's an l3 stream?

anyway all seems to work well, thanks as always.

one extra click. lazy users ;-)

http://www.level3.com/index.cfm?pageID=36

the 3rd provider the bbc use, mostly for hd streams.
Wilda,

I would aslo like a copy of the mods for the Proxy service please.
Like Wilda says, live streams currently fail through the proxy code.

At the moment, if you want live streaming, you're probably better off getting a VPN connection.

David
I am running into an issue where very randomly it will just cut back to menus, no reason, no attempt to rebuffer or anything.

Sorry if this has been mentioned in this 129 page mamo thread, but if any one has an idea it would be appreciated.
garyi Wrote:I am running into an issue where very randomly it will just cut back to menus, no reason, no attempt to rebuffer or anything.

Sorry if this has been mentioned in this 129 page mamo thread, but if any one has an idea it would be appreciated.

I've had that happen a few times but for me it usually freezes without trying to buffer. I read this whole thread one night and I think the closest thing I recall mentioned is it dropping video after a few second after starting and not randomly. I just always assumed it was my proxy or internet connection which has started acting up.

In case you didn't know if you have any idea of where you were in the program you can type in the time stamp and hit 'Enter' to pop back to where you were. Typing '1', '5', '3', '0', 'Enter' will take you to 15:30 in the program.
I can't get HD streams working. They worked before the update, but now all I can play is the SD version, even though I'm selecting BBC HD. Any ideas?
CloudDweller Wrote:I can't get HD streams working. They worked before the update, but now all I can play is the SD version, even though I'm selecting BBC HD. Any ideas?

Maybe try changing the stream source preference in the options? I use Limelight and so far the HD has worked well.
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13