• 96(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Chalex4 Wrote:I played around a lot with the settings as well, but that didn't help. Nothing seemed to make it better. Also had a go at streaming some of the live tv, but when I clicked a channel nothing seemed to happen. Is this feature implemented yet?

How is your machine connected? Looks like "networking" issues as they do start playing. of course it could be anything, from wireless dropouts, to a temporary issue at the cdn. worth trying a few providers or dropping the quality to 800kbit perhaps. Or perhaps just try in a few hours and see if it was a temporary glitch. not sure I can help more than that, as it fails after the stream url has been sent to xbmc, when the plugin is no longer involved.

live tv should work, at least when I last tried.
Live TV does absolutely nothing it seems. XBMC doesn't even give me a "Loading" or anything, the Apple TV just flashes its white LED to say it's received a signal from the remote.

I don't think it can be a problem with the internal network, especially because just before I started this test I was streaming 1080p MKVs around just fine to the TV using XBMC. It's all wired up with Cat5e to our Drobo FS. Wireless is off. Oh yeah, and I tried every provider on the list earlier today. I didn't manually set it to 800kbit, as I thought Auto would choose the best option. I did manually set it to 1600 though, but it was just the same.

Really appreciate the help though mate. I'll definitely try again in the morning.
Had another look and I'm still getting the same problem even when setting the stream quality to its lowest. Also tried reinstalling the addon, but to no avail.

Just another note, when I open the plugin and get presented with the:

TV
Radio
Settings

options, I can't seem to go into the settings menu this way either. It responds just the same as to watching a live show, where the Apple TV 2 blinks its light, but nothing actually happens. Tried changing timeout settings as well, but no luck there.

Just so you know, streaming works fine on the other xbmc areas. I can use Apple Movie Trailers Lite without issues, and addons like Revision 3 and Gametrailers don't have problems either.
Sorry to be a bit spammy, but I now love this guy:

sdesign Wrote:Not sure it will help fix the bugs people are experiencing but i have noticed that if you have xbmc set to "show information" under settings/videos/file lists/default select action and then use select to access the iplayer addon videos, hitting play in the video info screen will not play the video.

If you instead set xbmc to "play" as default select action then they will play.

So it appears, for me at least, the playback problem is caused by the addon using the default select action and failing to loads video from the show info page. I notice other video addons don't take you to the video info page when you hit select even if this is your default select action. Maybe this could be changed for this plugin to work?

As a workaround, If, like me, you like having your default select action set to show info (for use with movies, tv shows etc.) then you should use the play button to playback videos in the iplayer addon and not use select. This way videos will playback fine.

This fix worked perfectly as, like him, I had set "Show Information" as the default select action. I've now changed it to "Play" and it works. For some reason, clicking play from the "Show Information" window breaks it.

Also, this has also now made Live TV and the setting menu work. I guess "Show Information" didn't register as a selection command or something.

Anyway, would be amazing if you could automatically make the default action in the iPlayer addon "Play" exobuzz. I like having movie information appear before watching movies. As sdesign says, all other addons seem to do this anyway and ignore the user's setting.

Just so happy this works now Big Grin. Doctor Who ftw. Streaming in HD works flawlessly.

EDIT: The only other thing I'd like to see is a "Loading..." sign when clicking settings or live tv. XBMC just seems to hang once I've selected something for about 4 seconds which unnerves me a little.
exobuzz Wrote:the whole log please, via pastebin or similar. I cant see specific information regarding your version/platform and so on, plus other info I might need.

full log (just taken) here >>> http://pastebin.com/LKD2aDeR

May beworth noting I havetrid removing/adding iplayer, and updated to the very latest nightly and still get the same error.
Folks -

Can I ask someone to do some testing for me, please... I'm getting corruption on HD videos (specifically, iPlayer HD) since the April build of XBMC PVR, and I'm struggling to isolate the fault. So I'd like to see if anyone else is running a comparable system and whether they see the same - or whether it's personal!

I'm currently running the odk30 build of the XBMC PVR code.

System is a Revo R3600 ION on Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, Nvidia 270 drivers.

VDPAU is enabled, and HD videos play perfectly - *except* BBC videos from iPlayer, either streamed or, for debug purposes, cached and played locally. These exhibit a green corruption in the lower 5%-10% of the screen. Switch off VDPAU and the corruption disappears, although the video now stutters because the Revo doesn't have enough CPU grunt without GPU acceleration.

All other BBC iPlayer streams work fine - it's specifically HD streams. All other HD sources are fine, irrespective of CODEC, container, bit rate, etc. Indeed, I can re-encode the local cached file and it will play perfectly.

Does anyone have a similar system that they could perhaps test for me, please? Thanks in advance to any kindly victims/volunteers!
Cyberkid2002 Wrote:full log (just taken) here >>> http://pastebin.com/LKD2aDeR

May beworth noting I havetrid removing/adding iplayer, and updated to the very latest nightly and still get the same error.

I recommend not using a nightly build. Something is "up" with your python - it seems to be missing a module that something is trying to use "Message". Try switching back to the stable release. This isnt a debug log btw. you need to turn on debugging.
exobuzz Wrote:v2.4.9 is released. Main change is compatibility with latest git builds. tested on xbmc4xbox, xbmc dharma 10.0, and a git build from a few days ago.

Hi Exobuzz,

I just wanted to say thanks for the 2.4.9 update, iplayerv2 is now functioning correctly on my Ubuntu 10.10/ Dharma 10.1 build (Revo 3700). Smile
I have XBMC Live (Dharma) and have tried installing iPlayerV2.

However, the installation instructions do not correlate with the XBMC filesystem and it is simply not possible to select the equivalent 'addons' folder (to within which I have copied the unzipped plugin files) from within the XBMC Live 'Add Video Source' menu.

Has anyone successfully installed iPlayer within XBMC Live?
You could try installing via Settings > Add-ons > 'Install from zip file'.
Can somebody help me out?

BBC one just stopped playing for the last couple of days. What could be the cause?

Everything else works perfectly (both live tv and archived shows) and the only thing that seems to cause problems is BBCOne.

I've tried accessing Iplayer through Firefox and it works perfectly so it seems something is amiss with the XBMC or the plugin. I can watch everything though browser when necessary but it's just not the sameSmile

I'm using W7, Dharma 10.1

So what could be going on? anyone having same problems?
Thanks for the everything
Hitcher Wrote:You could try installing via Settings > Add-ons > 'Install from zip file'.

You are a genius! This worked perfectly!! Thank you! Smile

The iPlayerV2 wiki documentation should be updated to include this specific installation advice.
BBC One does not play when selected within the 'Watch Live' menu, on XBMC Live (Dharma) . Upon selecting it, I am presented with the error message 'script failed: plugin.video.iplayer'.

Here is my xbmc.log file located in /home/<username>/.xbmc/temp. I enabled detailed debugging output within the iPlayerV2 settings first.

http://pastebin.com/7ZdZ9rrw

Can anyone tell me what I should do in order to make BBC One play correctly?
pipps Wrote:http://pastebin.com/7ZdZ9rrw

I think the error is at around line 1628. Can anyone please help?
pipps Wrote:BBC One does not play when selected within the 'Watch Live' menu, on XBMC Live (Dharma) . Upon selecting it, I am presented with the error message 'script failed: plugin.video.iplayer'.

Here is my xbmc.log file located in /home/<username>/.xbmc/temp. I enabled detailed debugging output within the iPlayerV2 settings first.

http://pastebin.com/7ZdZ9rrw

Can anyone tell me what I should do in order to make BBC One play correctly?

That's exactly the problem that I'm getting.
I know exactly when it stopped working as my lady was watching royal wedding around noon on friday when it broke. she continued watching it on BBC news thoughSmile
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13