• 117(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Does anybody outside the UK have any luck in accessing the audio feeds (or the directory structure) in the last 24 hours?

I'm guessing that the beeb have region locked the whole website, by the lack of not working reports.
You may have messed the General Settinga - Start Section - Main Screen
I have a favorite setup to play the live feed of BBC Radio 2, which has worked for the past two weeks, until this morning, when my wife told me that all it does is sit and spin "Working". I can access the audio feed for BBC Radio 2 just fine via the Apple TV 2's Internet > Radio > Adult Comtemporary listing, it's the XBMC iPlayer add-on that has suddenly begun to stumble.
Nothing wrong with Radio 2 live.

Delete the Favourite - check the stream format for radio is set to aac - reassign Favourite.
Hey! Still loving this awesome plug-in but I just have one request?

Is there any chance of adding the ability to correctly play shows from the "Show Information" dialog? Atm, attempting to start a show playing in this manner causes XBMC to completely lock up.

Not wanting to be a burden and cause extra work, I did actually spend about 2 to 3 hours tonight seeing if I could add the functionality by myself, but unfortunately, being new to python, xbmc plugin development and core xbmc functions, and even with the help of some XBMC deving help threads and such I was unable to really figure out how to do this even though I managed to follow a lot of the code (I'm really just a C# and PHP guy).

I really wouldn't ask, but the girlfriend just keeps forgetting to use the play button on the remote instead of the one in the dialog, then I either get moaned at or called away from work to fix the hang!! Tongue

If this were able to be seen to I would be sooo hugely greatful you would not believe!!!

Regards, Flexage Wink
A strange issue has arisen this evening when Live streams are set as Favourites.

Suddenly, selecting a BBC live stream in the favourites list resulted in xbmc locking up.

After quite a bit of investigating (uninstalling various programs, and reverting to a pre-Eden release), I believe the issue lies with an iPlayer setting:

Display dialog when Play pressed - on/off

Switching this to 'off' allows Favourites to work normally

I have no idea why this problem arose out-of-the-blue as I have been using BBC favourites for months without any problems.

I experienced the same problem on 2 different PCs.

Anybody else observed this issue?
Great plugin - top work.

I'd like to put a couple in a couple of feature requests if they haven't already been suggested:

1. a "Recent" list at the top level would be great (so that you don't have to search again for something you were watching yesterday etc).

2. a "Resume" option would be good too, although I think I read earlier in the thread that it wasn't possible?

3. a law be passed compelling the BBC not to keep pi**ing about with it now that everything works.
Oh - sorry, and another request! Cheeky, I know.

4. That series have their episode number next to the title as they do if you search iplayer in a browser, otherwise you don't know what order to play them in!
Thanks for an awesome addon, we use this everyday. I am having a problem with the ATV2, i can not play the live feeds. Calling up a show works great its just the Watch Live that doesnt seem to work.
I am connecting through CCproxy and using Expat VPN on my main PC to connect to the UK. If anybody has any suggestions or help i would greatly appreciate it.
I have a question regarding this plugin and access from outside the UK with a VPN connection. Is there any way I can toggle my VPN connection on/off from within XBMC or this iPlayer plugin itself? For instance, I would want to turn the UK-VPN on when watching the iPlayer, but turn it off when heading to US internet channels. Alternatively, could I set up some sort of script to do this outside of XBMC, which I could toggle with a button on my remote (Logitech Harmony)? Thanks!
flexage Wrote:Hey! Still loving this awesome plug-in but I just have one request?

Is there any chance of adding the ability to correctly play shows from the "Show Information" dialog? Atm, attempting to start a show playing in this manner causes XBMC to completely lock up.

disable the dialog for now, and then you wont have the issue. when eden comes out, the code can be changed to work differently.
internicht Wrote:Great plugin - top work.

I'd like to put a couple in a couple of feature requests if they haven't already been suggested:

1. a "Recent" list at the top level would be great (so that you don't have to search again for something you were watching yesterday etc).

2. a "Resume" option would be good too, although I think I read earlier in the thread that it wasn't possible?

3. a law be passed compelling the BBC not to keep pi**ing about with it now that everything works.

please put the recent request on the google code site. resume wouldnt work currently. ill maybe revisit it at some point and check if it is possible.
internicht Wrote:Oh - sorry, and another request! Cheeky, I know.

4. That series have their episode number next to the title as they do if you search iplayer in a browser, otherwise you don't know what order to play them in!

afair this is either due to the meta data that we are provided with, or skin depedenant. but I cant remember right now. put it on the google code site and ill check if i get time.
Ferrino Wrote:I have a question regarding this plugin and access from outside the UK with a VPN connection. Is there any way I can toggle my VPN connection on/off from within XBMC or this iPlayer plugin itself? For instance, I would want to turn the UK-VPN on when watching the iPlayer, but turn it off when heading to US internet channels. Alternatively, could I set up some sort of script to do this outside of XBMC, which I could toggle with a button on my remote (Logitech Harmony)? Thanks!

yes. I'm sure it is possible to do this with a script or something from the xbmc machine. but how would depend on your setup. if you need help with such a thing, I would ask in a more general forum, as it isnt related to this plugin.
Big Steve Wrote:Thanks for an awesome addon, we use this everyday. I am having a problem with the ATV2, i can not play the live feeds. Calling up a show works great its just the Watch Live that doesnt seem to work.
I am connecting through CCproxy and using Expat VPN on my main PC to connect to the UK. If anybody has any suggestions or help i would greatly appreciate it.

no idea, but then you didn't supply a log. having said that, if you are using a proxy rather than a VPN (im not sure from your post as you mention both which is strange as if you have a von you dont need a proxy), the live streams won't likely work as they are geolocked and iplayer will only proxy the xml handshake.
  • 117(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13