• 138(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Updated in repo.
Thanks hitcher :)
Thank you to exobuzz and to Hitcher. Cbeebies-loving son now happy again. Any chance you could give some help to Mikey1234 with his ITV Player plugin? ;-)
Edited to say; live streams now don't work for me. I've tried switching between Limelight, Akamai etc with no joy. But thanks anyway for access to on-demand streams
Having problems with on-demand streams as of today. When attempting to open an on demand stream I am getting:
Unable to open stream
-to continue, stop all other streams (try pressing x)
I have nothing else on and have not come across this before. Any recommendations gratefully received. I am on version 2.4.18 and have tried resetting com and rollback.
@ksgent: I was having the same issue. To fix I had to;
  1. Roll back to 2.4.17
  2. Change the iplayer2.py file as described here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1437622
Hope that helps.
Stengland the fix works great. Thank you very much.
(2013-06-07, 22:44)stengland Wrote: @ksgent: I was having the same issue. To fix I had to;
  1. Roll back to 2.4.17
  2. Change the iplayer2.py file as described here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1437622
Hope that helps.

Since 2.4.18 already contains that URL, what you are saying is that something else added in 2.4.18 is preventing playback of your ondemand streams? Got a debug log or anything that might help identify the problem?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Looks like there were too many updates from my repo -

Quote:This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic.
Milhousevh - on first updating to 2.4.18 all was well as I tested some cbeebies content. Problem occurred later after switching from tvondemand back to iplayer. Will try and post a debug this evening.

Daughter is watching cbeebies now so all is well Smile thanks to all those that contribute to make this a possibility.
I had a problem playing streams with 18 and had to select Force release resume lock in iPlayer>>Addon Settings.

Just in case anybody else runs into the same issue.

Ta.

K
(2013-06-07, 23:09)MilhouseVH Wrote: Since 2.4.18 already contains that URL, what you are saying is that something else added in 2.4.18 is preventing playback of your ondemand streams? Got a debug log or anything that might help identify the problem?

Sorry, didn't look into it in detail. Wife wanted to watch something so had to quickly return it to the last state I knew worked.
just been playing with new version 2.4.18 and on first play all works ok. Once finished and back at menu, it says the link just played is resume-able.
Should this not just go back to default as it has reached the end.
If i now select another link, it does not play. I have to goto setting and force a stop.
I can then play another link. Not sure but i dont think the resume-able part of addon is working as it should.
After updating to 2.4.18 a couple of days ago I found various on-demand programmes wouldn't play and none of the live streams would play at all. I couldn't roll back to 2.4.17 through settings, instead I had to uninstall .18, re-download and reinstall .17 and then edit the .py file as described above. On-demand and live streams (BBC2 excepted) now seem to be working fine.
Any way to add an iPlayer TV show to the library and make it auto-update when a new episode comes out? Then the new episodes can be shown on home screen widgets too.
(2013-06-09, 00:14)k_zeon Wrote: just been playing with new version 2.4.18 and on first play all works ok. Once finished and back at menu, it says the link just played is resume-able.
Should this not just go back to default as it has reached the end.
If i now select another link, it does not play. I have to goto setting and force a stop.
I can then play another link. Not sure but i dont think the resume-able part of addon is working as it should.

I've had the same issue.

Then after finishing watching and going back later, it wouldn't play at all.

I've reverted back to 2.4.17 and fixed the swf link.

I've had problem for a long time with BBC One though. When selecting it, I get "Failed to fetch URL http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bbc_one/list"

This has been a problem for a while now, and I did nothing to provoke it (as far as I know), I'd hoped that updating might fix it. Every other channel works, and I can access that URL in a browser.. I'm at a loss as to what's wrong.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13