• 147(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
(2013-12-11, 01:40)exobuzz Wrote: the very first result on google for the search terms "iplayerv2 svn" or even just "iplayerv2" or the second link searching for "iplayer svn"

Each of these leads to the wiki page - not sure what that has to do with subversion.
Has BBC add auth to streams again?

This week I can get 30seconds ish playback per stream on a catch program then drops out and won't replay. Very similar to problem that happened with original v1 iplayer project.

This is across all 5 of my XBMCs on different systems/OSs etc that were working fine.

Can anyone else confirm on their setups?

EDIT: running jun 6 IPlayer-v2.4.18
(2013-12-11, 14:29)Crispy2 Wrote: Has BBC add auth to streams again?

This week I can get 30seconds ish playback per stream on a catch program then drops out and won't replay. Very similar to problem that happened with original v1 iplayer project.

This is across all 5 of my XBMCs on different systems/OSs etc that were working fine.

Catch-up working okay on Openelec with 2.4.17

same problem here

I was having the same issue (in 2.4.18). Setting the 'socket timeout' value in the add-ons advanced settings to higher value, ie 20 sec, seems to have fixed it.

I'm still not having any joy with live streams.
(2013-12-11, 15:48)RichG Wrote:

I was having the same issue (in 2.4.18). Setting the 'socket timeout' value in the add-ons advanced settings to higher value, ie 20 sec, seems to have fixed it.

Thanks I'll give it a go tonight. Mine are set to default of 0 without I assumed meant wait forever.

I don't use often but I want to catch up with masterchief...
(2013-12-11, 10:25)RichG Wrote: A google search for xbmc+iplayer+svn mostly returns references to versions of XBMC required to run the add-on, and not a link to the relevant subversion / google code pages - hence my question. I had to dig around to find it. A simple link on your part would have have helped greatly instead of the snide remark you offerd up.

That is the google code page which has the SVN etc. the first link google returns for that search. It's also in the first post in this thread. You do not have to dig around to find it. That is ridiculous.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/ has always been the link. Why are you unable to get to the first post in the thread ?
(2013-12-11, 17:08)exobuzz Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 10:25)RichG Wrote: A google search for xbmc+iplayer+svn mostly returns references to versions of XBMC required to run the add-on, and not a link to the relevant subversion / google code pages - hence my question. I had to dig around to find it. A simple link on your part would have have helped greatly instead of the snide remark you offerd up.

That is the google code page which has the SVN etc. the first link google returns for that search. It's also in the first post in this thread. You do not have to dig around to find it. That is ridiculous.

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/ has always been the link. Why are you unable to get to the first post in the thread ?

The first post talks about XBMC svn version requirements for the add-on, and mentions 'SVN Repo Installer' which links to this page:-http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911. How that relates I haven't a clue = perhaps you can enlighten me?
(2013-12-11, 17:33)RichG Wrote:
(2013-12-11, 17:08)exobuzz Wrote:

The first post talks about XBMC svn version requirements for the add-on, and mentions 'SVN Repo Installer' which links to this page:-http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911. How that relates I haven't a clue = perhaps you can enlighten me?

Chill. SVNs are less obvious but the information is in two places on that page.

That page has two things a installer (obsolete) and the very first line/link a repository file http://xbmc-addons.googlecode.com/svn/pa...addons.zip

On main page of addon also says
For Linux/OSX/Windows XBMC (xbmc.org)

" Unpack the zip and copy to your XBMC addons folder. (On linux it is found in $HOME/.xbmc/addons/). Alternatively, you can install Hitcher's addon repo from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories that should contain an up to date release. "

Goto that page and search for Hitcher or iplayer will also get you a working repository.

I will also try this one of my boxes if I get a chance.
(2013-12-11, 15:48)RichG Wrote: I was having the same issue (in 2.4.18). Setting the 'socket timeout' value in the add-ons advanced settings to higher value, ie 20 sec, seems to have fixed it.

Increasing socket timeout did indeed fix it. was initially 5 although I could I swore I looked at it and it was 0 before. Seeking to any point using typing a number in does result in dropping back to menu however the resume time changes to reflect the new time and re-playing continues ok from that point.

Might also have had a more narrow margin since I'm on newer XBMCs as I have set a brief delay to allow TV to change res.

Trying to play Live Streams results in a crash/reset of XBMC (last tried around 3 weeks ago and was ok then). Trying to play after the reset results in a total system lockup.

Obviously something on BBCs end has changed or is in process of changing.

I will try SVN over Xmas hols to see if it restores the live stream feature.

Thank you
(2013-12-11, 21:55)Crispy2 Wrote: Trying to play Live Streams results in a crash/reset of XBMC (last tried around 3 weeks ago and was ok then). Trying to play after the reset results in a total system lockup.

Same here.

Quote:I will try SVN over Xmas hols to see if it restores the live stream feature.

Good luck and please let us know if it works.
Hi,

I am quite new to XBMC and this is my first post, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong Thread to post to for assistance with this problem.

I live outside the UK, but subscribe to a service that uses a DNS based solution (set at the DSL router) that enables access to iPlayer. I can successfully use the iPlayer app on many devises in the house, such as PC's, iPad, Android Stick (mk802iv) etc, but the built-in wireless on the Android is problematic I installed a dual antennae wireless N card into a dis-used PC
where I'm running Ubuntu 31.10 and installed XBMC (12.0-RC3) and iPlayer 2.4.18.

I can successfully play BBC live streams and programs already aired in Firefox. In iPlayer add-on I can successfully play programs already but can't play any of the live streams: a progress dialog appears saving:

Code:
iPlayer - 50%
Saving Stream [-----     ]

Usually this promptly disappears (within 3 seconds) and sometimes (but not very frequently) it is followed by a second dialog saying

Code:
Playback Failed
One of more items failed to Play.
Check log file for details.

I tried a number of the suggestions in this forum: on the plug-in settings I increased "Socket Timeout" (from default of 5 to 20) and I tried each of the various Stream options (Akamai,Any,Level3,Limelight) all without success or any change in behavior. I also tried one suggestion to change a URL in iplayer2.py from open.live.bbc.co.uk to www.bbc.co.uk (nslookup shows that both of these resolve to the same IP address on my system)

I tailed the xbmc.log to a new file while I reproduced the error, so I can be sure I have the right segment of the log that reflects the error and I have uploaded it here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=96159

Any pointers on getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
Orlando Scarlet
(2013-12-11, 23:44)orlando.scarlet Wrote: Hi,

I am quite new to XBMC and this is my first post, so apologies in advance if this is the wrong Thread to post to for assistance with this problem.

I live outside the UK, but subscribe to a service that uses a DNS based solution (set at the DSL router) that enables access to iPlayer. I can successfully use the iPlayer app on many devises in the house, such as PC's, iPad, Android Stick (mk802iv) etc, but the built-in wireless on the Android is problematic I installed a dual antennae wireless N card into a dis-used PC
where I'm running Ubuntu 31.10 and installed XBMC (12.0-RC3) and iPlayer 2.4.18.

I can successfully play BBC live streams and programs already aired in Firefox. In iPlayer add-on I can successfully play programs already but can't play any of the live streams: a progress dialog appears saving:

Code:
iPlayer - 50%
Saving Stream [-----     ]

Usually this promptly disappears (within 3 seconds) and sometimes (but not very frequently) it is followed by a second dialog saying

Code:
Playback Failed
One of more items failed to Play.
Check log file for details.

I tried a number of the suggestions in this forum: on the plug-in settings I increased "Socket Timeout" (from default of 5 to 20) and I tried each of the various Stream options (Akamai,Any,Level3,Limelight) all without success or any change in behavior. I also tried one suggestion to change a URL in iplayer2.py from open.live.bbc.co.uk to www.bbc.co.uk (nslookup shows that both of these resolve to the same IP address on my system)

I tailed the xbmc.log to a new file while I reproduced the error, so I can be sure I have the right segment of the log that reflects the error and I have uploaded it here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=96159

Any pointers on getting this working would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Holidays!
Orlando Scarlet
I experienced the same behaviour - switched to 2.4.17 with the swf player fix( outlined earlier in this thread). Seems to work for me.
(2013-12-11, 23:44)orlando.scarlet Wrote: I experienced the same behaviour - switched to 2.4.17 with the swf player fix( outlined earlier in this thread). Seems to work for me.

For others reading the swf fix is here (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1437622)

However that won't help on .18 as the swf is already changed.
Thanks Castalla!

I had a bit of trouble locating the "swf fix" so, for the benefit of others, it is on page 204 of this thread in Post#2037.

For some reason, after just removing the expanded "plugin.video.iplayer" from ~/.xbmc/addons and unzipping iPlayer-v2.4.17.zip to the same directory, I continued to have issues and after looking at the settings it looked like many of the changes I'd made had been retained. To resolve this I just removed ~/.xbmc so I could have a clean "first" run of XBMC and then unnzipped iPlayer-v2.4.17.zip to recreate ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.iplayer.

After this, I just ran xbmc and with no other changes I now have everything working with v2.4.17.

I have to laugh though, when I started it up I got about a minute of the show currently running before Question Of Sport started and I was greeted with the message "Sorry, we can't show this particular program for legal reasons, though this programme is available on your TV". Not my day, "A Question Of Sport" was high on my list of shows I've not seen for years that I missed and I was looking forward to seeing the traditional "Festive" episode when it aired - it's funny what you miss when you've been out of the country for a while!

Anyway, all is working for me now thanks to your timely intervention Castella, which was much appreciated.

I hope you have everything you wish for in your Xmas stocking!
Orlando Scarlet
  • 147(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13