• 190(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
using version 2.6.10 it has been flawless for me everything i wanted worked perfectly.

BUT today can anyone confirm if it is still working as all i get is Cant locate any usable stream

many thanks
(2015-02-10, 11:07)flashgordon Wrote: using version 2.6.10 it has been flawless for me everything i wanted worked perfectly.

BUT today can anyone confirm if it is still working as all i get is Cant locate any usable stream

many thanks

I have been experiencing problems with streams dropping out. I have had exactly the same issues with the other Kodi BBC iPlayer addon that is available too. I have also been getting buffering issues with the iPlayer on my Chromecast as well. At the moment I am putting the issues down to the BBC must be having issues.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
Hi, firstly thanks for a great addon.

I am trying to launch watch live/channels/BBC One using a json command but I cant seem to find the correct way to do it. Using the string below opens the Iplayer Addon but I can't seem to be able to drill down into the TV,Watch Live, and then select either BBC One, BBC Two etc.

{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.iplayer", "params":"mode":"live"}},"id":"1"}}

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Changing the stream provider fixes the issue of streams failing. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which providers are problematic but I haven't looked too hard because of the workaround.

edit:

Live streams seem to break completely though.
(2015-02-10, 04:58)jcorsaut Wrote: Having issues with 2.6.10 using Helix 14.1 on a Win 8 machine. Seems that some episodes won't load at all, others will work for a bit but then stop after 20min. Upon resume nothing changes. Have tried rebooting the machine but no difference. Everything was working fine with this setup up until about a week ago. Any thoughts?

Through trial and error I have found that it is only the HD stream that is causing problem. If I drop down a level to SD then there are no issues. I then tried changing the stream source. I could get the HD feed working from the source beginning with A (Alahim?). Can't remember the exact name as I'm not on my Kodi machine right now.

Not sure what's going on or why. Someone with more experience with this addon than myself can probably explain this one.
Same solution; setting stream provider to auto was giving errors but manually selecting the Akamai CDN fixed the problem. Looks like the BBC have a bad content provider in their network. Akamai is massive so that should be enough.
Hi Can anyone help

I have been using the BBC Iplayer for some time with a proxy but since updating to V2.6.10 the playback streams work fine but live streams and radio streams have stopped working.
(2015-02-11, 14:11)belrik Wrote: Same solution; setting stream provider to auto was giving errors but manually selecting the Akamai CDN fixed the problem. Looks like the BBC have a bad content provider in their network. Akamai is massive so that should be enough.

Having trouble now with Akamai as well. Can't seem to get any reliable HD streams from this addon anymore. SD streams are working without issue. Anyone else having this problem. If not, what stream settings are you using?
(2015-02-18, 01:34)jcorsaut Wrote:
(2015-02-11, 14:11)belrik Wrote: Same solution; setting stream provider to auto was giving errors but manually selecting the Akamai CDN fixed the problem. Looks like the BBC have a bad content provider in their network. Akamai is massive so that should be enough.

Having trouble now with Akamai as well. Can't seem to get any reliable HD streams from this addon anymore. SD streams are working without issue. Anyone else having this problem. If not, what stream settings are you using?

For on-demand streams, Akamai doesn't work for me either, though I haven't tried SD streams. Last Top Gear episode stops after 10 sec whatever the provider

For live TV works as a charm.
(2015-02-18, 16:00)Nicolasb Wrote: For on-demand streams, Akamai doesn't work for me either, though I haven't tried SD streams. Last Top Gear episode stops after 10 sec whatever the provider

I just tried the latest Top Gear episode and it worked perfectly,
I can't tell you what stream it was though as my settings are still on auto. Would the people having problems be non UK reesidents? If so I'd suggest trying different DNS or VPN providers.
(2015-02-18, 17:45)stammie Wrote:
(2015-02-18, 16:00)Nicolasb Wrote: For on-demand streams, Akamai doesn't work for me either, though I haven't tried SD streams. Last Top Gear episode stops after 10 sec whatever the provider

I just tried the latest Top Gear episode and it worked perfectly,
I can't tell you what stream it was though as my settings are still on auto. Would the people having problems be non UK reesidents? If so I'd suggest trying different DNS or VPN providers.

I am a non-uk resident, but haven't had issues with my DNS provider before. As well, iplayer works fine in HD using the website or the ios app version. Not sure if there is a difference in how the streams works.
I haven't read this thread, but I going to guess that it's using get_iplayer or similar parts to grab the video. The BBC recently changed methods to stop that application from working correctly. It does still mostly work but it will require an update.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Im having an issue where not all episodes are showing. Im trying to watch Bangkok Airport as you can see here all 5 episodes are available on the website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05...-of-smiles

But in Kodi, only the latest 2 are available? Episodes 4 & 5.

I prefer to use Kodi as it is much smoother than using crappy browser with my slow computer, any ideas?

Edit - Im using iPlayer-v2.6.10

Thanks
(2015-02-20, 10:07)priest282 Wrote: Im having an issue where not all episodes are showing. Im trying to watch Bangkok Airport as you can see here all 5 episodes are available on the website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05...-of-smiles

But in Kodi, only the latest 2 are available? Episodes 4 & 5.

because not all programmes are included in the feeds we use.
I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but any help for this " Playback failed: One or more items failed to play. "?
  • 190(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13