• 13(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Smile 
dink Wrote:Hi Folks

Just to let you know I have posted a new version of the plugin (2009-10-24) up at http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/ . The only change is that searches are now saved and listed for future use.

If no one finds any issues with this version I will release via SVN later on.

Cheers
Dink

Thanks for putting that feature in, Dink. Works great too!
I seem to be having problems when the watched program finishes. XBMC stops responding to key presses or remote commands, the only way to get it working again is to alt-tab out and kill the process and restart xbmc. Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

Here is the log file http://pastebin.com/m5b85cdfa
I have the same problem as lagertop. Tried all the quality settings and the h.264s and flash all crash.

Running the 24.10.09 version of the iplayer plugin and 9.11 Alpha 1.

Will try svn versions in a bit to see if that helps.
+1

same is happening to me. Ended up setting eventghost to kill XBMC and restart on a key press. Still love this plugin though
pbu50w Wrote:+1

same is happening to me. Ended up setting eventghost to kill XBMC and restart on a key press. Still love this plugin though

I grabbed the latest SVN Dx build from http://danielpatton.com/user-accounts/XBMC-updates/dx/ and it worked fine. Perhaps you could try that.

Cheers
Dink
-----------------------------------------
BBC IPlayer[url=http://drop.io/xbmcdink][/url] Plugin
For reasons I won't go into, I really need to remove mention of "Watch Live" from this plugin.

I've had a play with the .py file where I found reference to it, but only managed to bugger it completely. I have now put it back the way it was but does anyone know how I can remove this feature?

I'm hoping I can just comment out a line and it will disappear?
SonofSilas Wrote:For reasons I won't go into, I really need to remove mention of "Watch Live" from this plugin.

I've had a play with the .py file where I found reference to it, but only managed to bugger it completely. I have now put it back the way it was but does anyone know how I can remove this feature?

I'm hoping I can just comment out a line and it will disappear?

Search default.py for "Watch Live", replace that line with the word "pass" at the same indentation.

Cheers
Dink
You are legally allowed to watch tv only via online players if the shows` play times are staggered and not live.

You wish to not pay your u.k tv license, as ANY reference to live could at the whim of the officer land you with a fine of up to £1000. They normally just advise you to pay your license - don`t let them down your path, they have no power. Unless you allow them access.

Good Luck.
If I have understood correctly xbmc-iplayerv2 just streams with buffering. Is there any chance it could be enhanced to support downloading of programs as my Broadband speed is not good enough to support streaming. My understanding is that the iPhone stream is not DRM'ed so this should be possible no?
Voinage Wrote:You are legally allowed to watch tv only via online players if the shows` play times are staggered and not live.

You wish to not pay your u.k tv license, as ANY reference to live could at the whim of the officer land you with a fine of up to £1000. They normally just advise you to pay your license - don`t let them down your path, they have no power. Unless you allow them access.

Good Luck.

I haven't had a TV license for about 4 years. I have no physical means in my house to watch TV, but have XBMC xboxes in every room. Every year the TV inspector has gone over my house with a fine tooth comb to check that I cannot receive live TV.

Trouble is I see that the iPlayer plugin has a Watch Live option, which given that every year they have checked my house they have checked my xboxes, when they come again (which I have a letter saying I am due yet another visit) I just want to remove "Watch Live' completely.

I've never used it, I never will use it, but I don't want to stop using this excellent plugin.

Dink, will the fix you have suggested remove the menu item for it or just stop it working?
SonofSilas Wrote:I haven't had a TV license for about 4 years. I have no physical means in my house to watch TV, but have XBMC xboxes in every room. Every year the TV inspector has gone over my house with a fine tooth comb to check that I cannot receive live TV.

Trouble is I see that the iPlayer plugin has a Watch Live option, which given that every year they have checked my house they have checked my xboxes, when they come again (which I have a letter saying I am due yet another visit) I just want to remove "Watch Live' completely.

I've never used it, I never will use it, but I don't want to stop using this excellent plugin.

Dink, will the fix you have suggested remove the menu item for it or just stop it working?

It will remove the menu item completely. The first reference to "Watch Live" is a line of code which adds the details for this menu item to a list. Replace the line (but not the spaces as python needs these) with the the word "pass" and no menu item can be generated.

Code:
else:
        folders.append(('Watch Live', 'tv.png', make_url(listing='livefeeds', tvradio=tvradio)))    
    folders.append(('Popular', 'popular.png', make_url(listing='popular', tvradio=tvradio)))

becomes

Code:
else:
        pass
    folders.append(('Popular', 'popular.png', make_url(listing='popular', tvradio=tvradio)))

Cheers
Dink
Do they really check your computer software?
motd2k Wrote:Do they really check your computer software?

They have always asked me to turn on my xboxes with XBMC and my TVs. They check if any of the TV channels are tuned in to a station or if there is any way of picking up TV.

If you refuse to let them in, they get a court order, so there's no point refusing to let them in. They are also VERY flakey on the law. Last time they questioned us for ages about rips of TV dvd shows that were on my media server. They tried to imply that I must have recorded them from Live TV somehow and had therefore broken the rules.

Thanks for the replies. When I get home tonight I'll have a go at editing the file and see how I get on.
Are they really allowed to do that? Who gave them that power? Where the citizens ever asked? Why do I have to pay a licence that goes to the BBC if I never watch it?
Sounds really scary..like Gestapo of the XXI century in a "democratic" "free" country.

I have to say I pay the licence but dont really want to.
2 years ago I bought a computer monitor that happened to have a TV tuner at Argos.. at the cashier then they asked me to pay for the licence.. when I was using it for my computer.

Sorry for this rant. :-)

SonofSilas Wrote:They have always asked me to turn on my xboxes with XBMC and my TVs. They check if any of the TV channels are tuned in to a station or if there is any way of picking up TV.

If you refuse to let them in, they get a court order, so there's no point refusing to let them in. They are also VERY flakey on the law. Last time they questioned us for ages about rips of TV dvd shows that were on my media server. They tried to imply that I must have recorded them from Live TV somehow and had therefore broken the rules.

Thanks for the replies. When I get home tonight I'll have a go at editing the file and see how I get on.
This worked perfectly, thank you.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13