• 31(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Workaround for Windows

The get_iplayer installer for Windows can be downloaded here:

http://ukfree.tv/get_iplayer/get_iplayer...latest.exe

It does not contain get_iplayer.cgi or get_iplayer.pl, the latter I believe corresponds to the get_iplayer in the Linux version. I cannot get it to work, see post #425. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
spicemuseum Wrote:I haven't got time to de-bug now, off on an Easter break, but curious whether this arrangement has stopped working for anyone else?

Can't confirm sorry as i haven't rebuilt and am away from home ATM.

hallergard Wrote:So where could I get hold of get_iplayer.pl?

I've found what looks to be a copy here: [HTML]http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/source/browse/trunk/get_iplayer.pl?r=209[/HTML] right click 'view RAW file' and save to desktop.

Is this what your looking for?

Hope this works
Thanks,
Mike
Windows workaround

Thanks Mike. get-iplayer-automator seems to be an apple program which uses some files from get_iplayer. get_iplayer.pl seems to be basically the same as the get_iplayer from the ubuntu version, except newer 2.77 #r4 v 2.72

Tried get_iplayer.pl but could not get it to work with XBMC. The problem might be elsewhere though?

Anyone got the workaround functioning with Windows?
Hi Guys,

New guy here, Ex pat and would love to get the Iplayer working on my xbox.
Has anybody from outside of the UK found a way to get this working yet.

I have had an idea, but cant test it out yet as my wife is watching a film, would love to know if anybody thinks if it would work.

I was thinking of setting a UK VPN server up on my laptop and then connecting my xbox to the laptop by a crossover cable and allowing the xbox to connect to the internet using the laptops connection, which is connected to the router wirelessly!!!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated or am i waaaaayyyyyy off track here!!!!
exobuzz Wrote:IPlayer hackery info and files for xbox1 users are available on my homepage url (on my forum profile)! or msg me.
Thanks for this Smile
Well I can say the get_iplayer workaround works for me except for any BBC HD content - which coincidently is the only content I'm really interested in.

All BBC HD streams die after 1 min. Anyone else seeing the same?
Why are you accessesing BBCI from outside of the UK? you do not pay for it... why should I pay for you to use it?
Who said they were using it from outside the UK?
stuart0679 Wrote:Hi Guys,

New guy here, Ex pat and would love to get the Iplayer working on my xbox.
Has anybody from outside of the UK found a way to get this working yet.

I have had an idea, but cant test it out yet as my wife is watching a film, would love to know if anybody thinks if it would work.

I was thinking of setting a UK VPN server up on my laptop and then connecting my xbox to the laptop by a crossover cable and allowing the xbox to connect to the internet using the laptops connection, which is connected to the router wirelessly!!!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated or am i waaaaayyyyyy off track here!!!!

this guy here.

I would assume talkng about unlicenced content, illigal downloading etc is forbidden here, so that kind of thing should be too.
Ah right. Mind you isn't accessing it like you said he was.
Viewing iplayer from outside the UK isn't illegal and to suggest that there is some cost to the UK licence payer of people watching from outiside the UK is disingenuous.
aneng Wrote:Also... a note to anyone else about to delete the Udata and Tdata folders... that's where any game saves appear to be kept ! I was 2/3 the way through GTA Vice City and now I have to start from the beginning again :-(

If you have a softmodded Xbox and delete those folders you'll ruin the softmod as well. I know it does with Ndure, and probably most other kinds.

Death-Axe Wrote:Why are you accessesing BBCI from outside of the UK? you do not pay for it... why should I pay for you to use it?

The same reason the USA gets BBC America and that there is a BBC World Service, probably.

---

Thanks a million to exobuzz, whose Xbox workaround is excellent. You can skip around in the streams, something I thought you'd lose. I'm running his R28766 build as main dash (old dash is backed up) and all I did was copy across my UserData and various Plugins folders, plus my custom Filezilla FTP setting in the System folder, and so far no problems at all.
dc2447 Wrote:Viewing iplayer from outside the UK isn't illegal and to suggest that there is some cost to the UK licence payer of people watching from outiside the UK is disingenuous.

really!?
so why cant you view it without the aid of a proxy?? because the bbc do not have the rights to show stuff out side the uk! and yes when it cost me £120+ a year for this bullsh*t and you tell me it adds no cost to me it gets right under my skin! why should you watch what i pay for!?
Just thought I'd mention...

http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-lives/
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
In my post #425 there is an incorrect CODE under point 3., which I now have corrected:
Code:
rtmptvopts --swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf
flvstreamer c:\program files\get_iplayer\rtmpdump
Now I am getting this error message from rtmpdump.exe:
Code:
The procedure entry point EVP_sha256 could not be located in the dynamic link library libeay32.dll
Any suggestions?
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13