• 41(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
This may seem silly. But this thread has got very big. And I have lost my way.

Can somebody post up a step by step guide on how to get this working. With clear links to builds and extras that are needed.

Hope somebody finds the time.

Oddsodz
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I appreciate your patience and testing ;-)

I had a quick look at the live tv part of the python script and have updated it. I did a quick test and I could watch the live election ... on all channels.

Oddsodz Wrote:This may seem silly. But this thread has got very big. And I have lost my way.

Can somebody post up a step by step guide on how to get this working. With clear links to builds and extras that are needed.

The main url to have is http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/
There is a little readme there. The latest builds are in the test folder. It is a zipped up XBMC build, which you install in the normal way, and an updated IPlayer plugin, that you should install to the plugins/video/ folder (so that it sits in its own IPlayer folder).

Of course at some point hopefully in the near future all this stuff will be in the main development tree.
got to say thank you for this as i have an old xbox 1 in the bedroom and now the iplayer is working again my mrs can now to up to bed earlyer to watch eastbenders.... i mean eastenders and i get to play my 360 again in peace

so thank you my friend

paul
Thank you exobuzz for all your hard work getting the iplayer working, it really is very much appreciated. The BBC should pay you for helping to fulfill their mandate!
Using XBMC since way back, XBMP days!
exobuzz Wrote:I had a quick look at the live tv part of the python script and have updated it. I did a quick test and I could watch the live election ... on all channels.
Confirmed. Great work.
exobuzz Wrote:Of course at some point hopefully in the near future all this stuff will be in the main development tree.
Good luck.
Hi-

I want to test this running XBMC on my Mac. Is there a patch I need to use against the code in SVN to get it working?

Cheers
kangaroomadman Wrote:Hi-

I want to test this running XBMC on my Mac. Is there a patch I need to use against the code in SVN to get it working?

Cheers

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8971

it might need some tweaks to work on the mac. I don't know anything about that build.
Cheers. I'll give it a go over the weekend and get back to you.

Thanks for all the hard work - looks like you've been doing a brilliant job!
kangaroomadman Wrote:Cheers. I'll give it a go over the weekend and get back to you.

Thanks for all the hard work - looks like you've been doing a brilliant job!

Appreciated Smile. Well, none of it would have been possible without highlandsun and his work on the libRTMP. All this xbox coding has got me quite interested in hacking more stuff actually. I seem to have a habit of supporting old hardware more than new Smile (my website plug: http://www.exotica.org.uk)
exobuzz Wrote:Appreciated Smile. Well, none of it would have been possible without highlandsun and his work on the libRTMP. All this xbox coding has got me quite interested in hacking more stuff actually. I seem to have a habit of supporting old hardware more than new Smile (my website plug: http://www.exotica.org.uk)

this is not always a bad thing as in this case it seems there maybe even more life in the old xbox's than we thought Nod
Sorry for being incredibly dim here, but can someone answer my stupid question - is this build xbox only?

I was using the get_iplayer workaround for windows, but it looks like that now no longer works Sad

Or is there some new workaround for windows that I've missed?
Try iplayer Downloader,Ive had it working on windows and linux.

Hi Echobuzz,
Reg, our chat over at XBMC4XBOX,Im still struggling, once Ive got the kids homework out of the way and pacified their mother I'll send a debug(if I can figured out how to do it)
petemcfc Wrote:Try iplayer Downloader,Ive had it working on windows and linux.
Does it work with the iplayer plugin though? If I need to download something before I watch it, there's numerous methods for that already Smile
Sneeka Wrote:Sorry for being incredibly dim here, but can someone answer my stupid question - is this build xbox only?

I was using the get_iplayer workaround for windows, but it looks like that now no longer works Sad

my build is xbox only.

You should be able to use your get_iplayer workaround with windows, if you force it to use limelight or the code is changed to address the new way akamai streams need to get the auth key. I did hack about a bit with my get_iplayer, but my file a mess now full of debug stuff. although I i might be able to make a working version for you at least as an interim. However I don't have the time to support these things really, so there must be someone else with some interest to keep the get_iplayer working.

The patches I have reworked for the xbox version should be workable for the windows version, and I think it will go into the windows version after it has been integrated into trunk.
exobuzz Wrote:You should be able to use your get_iplayer workaround with windows, if you force it to use limelight or the code is changed to address the new way akamai streams need to get the auth key. I did hack about a bit with my get_iplayer, but my file a mess now full of debug stuff. although I i might be able to make a working version for you at least as an interim. However I don't have the time to support these things really, so there must be someone else with some interest to keep the get_iplayer working.
I might have a quiet word with Jackanddougal about this...
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13