• 49(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
which debs do i need to install from the link below on a new full xubuntu install?
http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/linux/
i think... everything except the dbg/live and standalone version. you can pick and choose between some of the others also depending what you need. they will say which dependencies are not met.
exobuzz,
The BBC1 Live stream doesn't seem to work at the moment. All of the other channels seem OK. I had a quick look around but I couldn't see what is causing the issue.Huh

Checked with XBOX xbmc-r30391-librtmp.zip

Edit: I forgot to mention that it errors in fetch_stream_info (live_tv.py) on the line f = urllib.urlopen(surl). It Looks like it's the parsing of the XML to me.
I apologise for not keeping up but I'm wondering if it is possible to user IPlayer on build numbered 30871 (from yaVDR). If it does work how do you go about making it show up (confused by add-on situation).
gott_sei_dank Wrote:I apologise for not keeping up but I'm wondering if it is possible to user IPlayer on build numbered 30871 (from yaVDR). If it does work how do you go about making it show up (confused by add-on situation).

Not unless they have built in the rtmp patches which they probably haven't.
eddebaby Wrote:exobuzz,
The BBC1 Live stream doesn't seem to work at the moment. All of the other channels seem OK. I had a quick look around but I couldn't see what is causing the issue.??

yup confirmed. they have ditched the

<media kind="video" width="640" height="360" type="video/x-flv" encoding="vp6" bitrate="500"> etc tag for

<mediator identifier="bbc_one_live_rtmp" name="pips"/>

not sure what to do with this, so I will need to wireshark it... again... I don't really use the live streams, so its a lower priority for me. also maybe its a temporary change or they are testing something. Feel free to post patches if anyone else gets here first.

Maybe I can get access to the main repository for iplayer plugin so we can track all these changes.
in perhaps better news, my latest build can do iplayer 1500kbit streams (well mostly - some dropped frames here and there) on the xbox. if you use an xbox, then do get yourselves over to http://www.xbmc4xbox.org which is the new community home of the project (with the source being hosted@sourceforge). there was actually a config option that already helped with this, so im basically just changing the default after a pointer from someone, along with some other changes that help in this area. Details of changes on my build can be seen at https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/xbmc4x...es/exobuzz. oh and many should be going to xbox trunk soon.
exobuzz Wrote:yup confirmed. they have ditched the

<media kind="video" width="640" height="360" type="video/x-flv" encoding="vp6" bitrate="500"> etc tag for

<mediator identifier="bbc_one_live_rtmp" name="pips"/>

not sure what to do with this, so I will need to wireshark it... again... I don't really use the live streams, so its a lower priority for me. also maybe its a temporary change or they are testing something. Feel free to post patches if anyone else gets here first.

Maybe I can get access to the main repository for iplayer plugin so we can track all these changes.

Thanks for identifying that exobuzz. I have posted a new livetv.py here for anybody that wants it. This includes an if/else statement so both the old and new standards are currently supported. All live channels should now work again.

If you notice any problems (i.e. with bitrate selection) then please let me know.
Many thanks! - saved me some work ;-)

Well, I'll wait a few days and if they change all the channels, I guess we can ditch the old method perhaps.

I also have access (thank dink) to the Iplayer repository. I want to make another change to warn users that they need a modified version of xbmc to use the plugin, and then I'll commit all the new stuff.
Please ease up on the XBOX discussion here, for the sake of those who are interested watching progress that pertains to XBMC.

TheUni
which xbox discussions? apart from recommending people to go to the other site to discuss xbox (ok I mentioned some new changes on the xbox build relating to the plugin, is that such a crime ?), we are mostly discussing the IPlayer script, which works on linux too with patches and will work on all builds once the drop in libRTMP support is added.

You know, you can't expect people never to mention the XBOX again as though it didn't exist. considering the roots of the application!
Here's an updated version of livetv.py.

I had a problem earlier today and this should now be fixed. You can also now see bbc3 and bbc4 in h264 video.

Please let me know about any problems you have and I'll try and get them fixed.
Many thanks. I've updated the IPlayer.zip on my webspace. Hopefully next week I can update the official repositories with a new version (when I have some free time).
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into XBMC specifically as a replacement for the Virgin Media box we currently have taking up space. The remote (and replacement remotes) have never worked correctly with the box and its just gathering dust.

I'm going to be running this on an original Xbox (which to my surprise and delight will do 720p!)

The Google Code page says at the top:

Quote: Currently this plugin fails to properly play catchup video streams. After a few seconds the stream will suddenly stop. This is due to SWF Verification being switched on recently for BBC IPlayer streams. It's purpose is to ensure that only authorized clients can access these streams. XBMC isn't on any list of official/Adobe clients so the stream will get canceled by the server. See this XBMC Plugin forum thread for more details.

Live TV and all the Radio functionality continues to work.

Is this still the case? The linked articles date back to March 2010 but parts of this thread talk about there now being RTMP support in XBMC.

Is there a specific version of XBMC I should install for the best iPlyer experience?

If this has been fixed could someone edit the Google Code page to reflect this?

Many Thanks

Grindboy
I have updated the page to reflect the current situation. I was planning to update the project page with new code and so on next week. I hope my interim change clarifies things a little.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13