• 51(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
exo im sure its just my inability to do what i want to do with linux, so after im done re-installing ubuntu ill test again and then post a debug log (assuming there is a problem again).

Others dont seem to be having a problem so im sure its just me!

EDIT::

yep, all sorted now. took time but i now have a system thats able to watch the BBC.
Thank you exobuzz for your hard work.
Any word/thoughts on when we will see it working again?
deskjockey Wrote:Any word/thoughts on when we will see it working again?
Eh...?

(Working for me.)
spicemuseum Wrote:Eh...?
(Working for me.)

What have you done to make it work? I've tried to replace the old version with the one for Xbox/Linux, but can't make it work.

Have I completely missed an update for the Windows version?

DJ.
I think the problem was you put windows in a topic title rather than the body. was easy to miss.
I'm having trouble keeping up with which platform people are talking about. I've got XBMC on my Xbox and the Live View aspect of the iPlayer plugin hasn't worked for about a month (the other content hasn't worked for longer). Can someone please summarise which version of XBMC and the plugin I need in order to get things working again, and where I can get these versions from?

Sorry for the noob question, I did read the thread but just got confused as to what platforms people were talking about.

Cheers Smile
you can now get the latest version of IPlayer plugin from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list

the latest version of xbmc for xbox is available from http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/xbox/ but the svn dailies for xbox will work fine also. If you are using an xbox please use the xbmc4xbox.org forum. xbox talk is not welcome here anymore.
Hi great plugin thanks for updating it.

Can someone explain to me how to get this working on post merge copy of xbmc ? Im using last nights SVN windows build atm.

I know the plugin needs a addon.xml but im not quite sure how to make it.
snozski Wrote:Hi great plugin thanks for updating it.

Can someone explain to me how to get this working on post merge copy of xbmc ? Im using last nights SVN windows build atm.

I know the plugin needs a addon.xml but im not quite sure how to make it.
Quote:IPlayer for new XBMC builds with new libRTMP support. Works with on demand and live streams
exobuzz Wrote:you can now get the latest version of IPlayer plugin from http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/downloads/list

the latest version of xbmc for xbox is available from http://malus.exotica.org.uk/~buzz/xbmc/xbox/ but the svn dailies for xbox will work fine also. If you are using an xbox please use the xbmc4xbox.org forum. xbox talk is not welcome here anymore.

That's excellent, thanks for the info
DR. Stranger Wrote:Is this something on my side and have I misread the latest post??

It also says I think somewhere on the frontpage that it is untested on the very latest svn builds for linux etc. There is an addons.xml there, but I have not tried it yet. Happy for anyone else to try and provide patches if I am too slow :-)
exobuzz Wrote:It also says I think somewhere on the frontpage that it is untested on the very latest svn builds for linux etc. There is an addons.xml there, but I have not tried it yet. Happy for anyone else to try and provide patches if I am too slow :-)

Hi exobuzz,

I do not see a addons.xml man, am I missing something ? Smile
Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find it near the beginning or the end, and didn't have time to read all 74 pages of this thread, but does this plugin use the new add on structure? if so does what extra apart from downloading the zip and extracting into the ..\xbmx\addons\ folder needs to be done? Does it run on windows builds (as the first pages seem to indicate) or only on linux? if it doesn't run on windows, is there a fundamental reason for this?

Thanks...
Is this significant to getting iPlayer running on Windows again?

Changeset 31519 [WIN32] build XBMC with librtmp support
Yep. The next nightly should include all the fun rtmp bits. Untested atm ofcourse (mainly because it doesn't yet exist Wink)

TheUni
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13