• 59(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
bosel Wrote:could someone please have a look at this log and hopefully give me a clue as to why i can't get the plugin to work?

http://pastebin.com/HabgKVrV

plugin version 1.8 hitcher repo and 2.0 official
xbmc latest 15 nightlies (osx) / latest 2 nightly builds ubuntu ppa

RTMP was unable to connect to the stream. are you behind a firewall? try setting the preferences to use "akamai" streams also.
I would prefer bug reports and problems were posted to http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/issues/list so they are easier to track. This forum thread as many others have pointed out, is rather long now.
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit on an ACER Revo 330 dual core with 2GB ram. Running latest Dharma nightly build.
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
please post an issue on the iplayerv2 google code site along with a debug log and I will take a look.
will do. Thanks for your help
HP Proliant Micorserver | ATI Radeon 5450 | El-cheapo USB Soundcard | Pioneer PDP-507XD
Squeezebox 3 (modded) | Arcam AVR350 | Arcam A85 | Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkII | Dynaudio Focus 200C | M&K K4 Tripoles | BK-Elec XXLS-400 Sub with Antimode
parrydave Wrote:Hi
Great plugin, been waiting to get iPlayer up and running for ages. I have a question/problem. When navigating through the iPlayer menus, it takes a very long time to load categories/program lists etc. I get the "Directory Loading" dialog for a couple of minutes each time. Internet speed is fine (3.5Mb/s) and I can happily get HD streaming through iPlayer, just every navigation step seems very slow. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I'll try to add a debug log in case it helps....
Thanks

Same here
noticed that programme thumbnails have stopped working in the last few days.. perhaps a bbc site change that needs a scraper update?

directory loading is quick for me.. but some caching would be appreciated for when going back to the same lists within a short space of time.

edit: should add that i use XBMC4Xbox.
parrydave Wrote:Hi
Great plugin, been waiting to get iPlayer up and running for ages. I have a question/problem. When navigating through the iPlayer menus, it takes a very long time to load categories/program lists etc. I get the "Directory Loading" dialog for a couple of minutes each time. Internet speed is fine (3.5Mb/s) and I can happily get HD streaming through iPlayer, just every navigation step seems very slow. Is this normal or do I have a problem? I'll try to add a debug log in case it helps....
Thanks

Having the same problems with directory loading. Its painfully slow, works perfect apart from that but its nearly a deal breaker for me. Runing Darma nightly on windows 7. Perhaps its a windows only issue?
Hi there. Indeed this seems like a great plugin and I would love to use it, but I'm having problems. I'm using XBMC on XBOX, updated to the latest T3CH SVN version: 2010-07-08 SVN rev30442

Installed the plugin, can navigate the menus nicely and quickly. However when selecting to play a video it gets to the part where it says "playing video", dialog box goes away and then nothing happens, nothing. Any ideas?

Apologies but I can't read 85 pages of thread if this has been covered before.
Get your Xbox builds here -

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161
This is a log file from the latest XBMCFreak SVN 32178 live disc http://pastebin.com/CfH6P4F1

I take it by the fact I still cant get IPlayer to play a stream that rtmp is still not supported.

If this is the case how do I install RTMP in this release.

Thanks
Hey, just wanted to post back: I was making a schoolboy error thinking my dash was loading from the root C:\ drive but it actually uses E:\Dashboard\ (original UnleashX setup), so all this time I've been using an old version of XBMC!

Anyway I can confirm the Iplayer plugin seems to work great with the latest T3CH release, fast browsing, streams both recorded programmes and live TV. Very happy, thanks for the hard work put into this plugin.
strumluff Wrote:Anyway I can confirm the Iplayer plugin seems to work great with the latest T3CH release...

actually latest t3ch release (T3CH XBMC 2010-07-08 SVN rev30442) has problems with streams pausing/causing hang at end of stream. get the newer exobuzz build linked above by Hitcher. but we're probably going to get shouted out for talking about xbox stuff... even though it works the best for this plugin Rolleyes
Smiff Wrote:noticed that programme thumbnails have stopped working in the last few days.. perhaps a bbc site change that needs a scraper update?

directory loading is quick for me.. but some caching would be appreciated for when going back to the same lists within a short space of time.

edit: should add that i use XBMC4Xbox.

Not noticed this - I watched some programmes last night and the thumbnails seemed to be ok but I might have missed something. Please post bugs to the iplayer plugin site though (with debug log).
Bagger Wrote:If this is the case how do I install RTMP in this release.

I guess that is a question for the creator of that live disk. He hasn't built in librtmp support, so you probably can't just "add it".
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13