• 72(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
myksterx Wrote:Hi, does this plugin work for Dharma 2?

I have tried to put the .ZIP File onto a memory stick and to install this onto XBMC Live 9.11 beta 2 and to no avail.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

It does work but you might need a patch if you get the symptom of starting them immediately stopping and a telltale "plugin ended prematurely" in xbmc.log...

http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-iplayerv2/...%20Summary
johnno43 Wrote:Have i killed this thread Huh

No... but where are you stuck ? Did you download the plugin and read install.txt ? What OS are you using ?
hi mate, im stuck at installation. i am completely newbie to linux. i have tried to follow the wiki to no avail at all.

i insert memory stick with nothing on it, apart from the iplayer zip file.

i goto system -> addons -> install from zip file

when i goto memory stick and select iplayer, nothing happens, at all?
Hi, looking for a little help with this plugin!

I've installed the plugin and can see it and access program listings, but when I click on a program it says "loading" and "playing", but then doesn't show any video or load the length of the program (and the time elapsed) in the button left corner.

Any ideas?

Ta.
The physicist Wrote:Hi, looking for a little help with this plugin!

I've installed the plugin and can see it and access program listings, but when I click on a program it says "loading" and "playing", but then doesn't show any video or load the length of the program (and the time elapsed) in the button left corner.

Any ideas?

Ta.

hi mate, by any chance could you assist me with installing this plugin? then maybe i could help you with the playing of the videos?
myksterx Wrote:hi mate, by any chance could you assist me with installing this plugin? then maybe i could help you with the playing of the videos?
Where are you stuck?
The physicist Wrote:Where are you stuck?

downloaded iplayer.zip, put it onto memory stick

gone to addons, install from zip file, located the file on the stick.

nothing happens?

PS: I am very new to XBMC and Linux. Although i am advanced in windows (i know my stuff and can figure things out myself)
myksterx Wrote:downloaded iplayer.zip, put it onto memory stick

gone to addons, install from zip file, located the file on the stick.

nothing happens?

PS: I am very new to XBMC and Linux. Although i am advanced in windows (i know my stuff and can figure things out myself)
Is this on a Mac or AppleTV?
The physicist Wrote:Is this on a Mac or AppleTV?

this is on a acer revo r3610, ive installed XBMC Live Dharma 2 on the HDD
myksterx Wrote:this is on a acer revo r3610, ive installed XBMC Live Dharma 2 on the HDD
I'm using a Mac so I have no idea I'm afraid! Sad
myksterx Wrote:this is on a acer revo r3610, ive installed XBMC Live Dharma 2 on the HDD
Actually you've inadvertently helped me as I had the version before Dharma, I've now installed and it works!

I've always done it manually.. especially since the plugin needs renaming...

install it to addons/plugin.video.iplayer -on linux this folder
is located in $HOME/.xbmc/ for example.
thaughbaer Wrote:No... but where are you stuck ? Did you download the plugin and read install.txt ? What OS are you using ?

Ive installed xbmc live dharma 2 beta onto my Acer Revo 3610. Ive tried using filezilla to transfer the files to the relevent folder but i cant get to it. I wasnt logged in as root and not sure that filezilla was the right program to use. I could just do with some general guidence on how to acheive this.
Thanks in advance
johnno43 Wrote:Ive installed xbmc live dharma 2 beta onto my Acer Revo 3610. Ive tried using filezilla to transfer the files to the relevent folder but i cant get to it. I wasnt logged in as root and not sure that filezilla was the right program to use. I could just do with some general guidence on how to acheive this.
Thanks in advance

hi mate, i had the same problem as you but couldnt work out how to use linux.

eventually with the help of some users on the forum, i acheived a successfull installation of iplayer (works great btw)

basicly, do it this way:

goto this thread and download hitchers repo: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81334

insert the zip file into a memory stick or sd card

on xbmc live goto:

system -> add-ons -> install from zip file..

locate the hitchers repo (on the memory stick or sd card) and click it (this should now begin to install)

give it a moment or so untill it says its installed the zip file

once thats done, go back to:

system -> add-ons -> get add-ons -> hitchers repo

when in there select:

video add-ons -> iplayer (this should now begin to download and install)

give it a moment once again untill it says installed.

go back to home and go to:

videos -> video add-ons -> iplayer

hopefully this should work!

PS: computer with xbmc live must be connected to the internet

please post back if you are having problems!

Mike
Mate your an absolute star, it worked perfectly first time.
Now i can really start to get the full benefit out of my system. My new server goes up next week and then there will be no stopping me.
This should prove invaluable to anyone else in the same situation as well
Thanks Myksterx
John
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13