• 80(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
i*windows Wrote:very nice. I'll fiddle around and see if this will also work with 40d

there's a 4od plugin for xbmc?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I get HD to play?

I have a Revo 3700 which happily plays 1080p mkv files.

In the iPlayer Add-on the videos always play in SD (e.g. 832x468). I'm selecting programmes from the BBC HD channel. I've set my preferred video stream to H.264 3200kb but I never get 1280x720 video.
try changing the source to akamai. actually it could just be that they switched around some of the sources, and we dont support at least one of them. I know how to fix it etc, but have lacked the time etc. been working on other stuff (http://joggler.exotica.org.uk and xbmc4xbox and http://www.exotica.org.uk and work etc etc) Smile
exobuzz Wrote:try changing the source to akamai

thanks, that worked Smile
Just to say, I've posted an "Issue" on the iplayerv2 google code page, which is actually some code to add some url Resolver functionality, its not perfect but I think it's a start.

I've got it linked up to a Greasemonkey user script so you can browse iPlayer on your PC, click on a link and send it to your XBMC. Once I've tidied it up a bit I'll post it on here.
I've been trying to get the BBC iPLayer plugin to work using the http proxy settings in XBMC. I can get XBMC to connect to the net via the proxy but when I try to stream the video the script fails.

I have managed to get the plugin to work using Expat Shield, however the VPN is causing my Subsonic Music Server to stop working even when I close the application and the free VPN service has some bottleneck issues at peak times, so I'd really prefer a premium service that will guarantee stability.

Has anyone any ideas on how I can get this to work?

BTW I'm running Dharma on a Vista computer.

I realise this is a contentious issue but I'm an expat who desperately misses his UK TV and I'd happily pay for a legal version of this service if it existed!

**Edit**

I managed to get it all working using Expat Shield, I added some extra security policies in my Windows and Comodo firewall settings that did the trick and also did the same for the OpenVPN.exe that helped solve the buffering issue I had.

Very happy chap now.

BTW it would be nice if it was possible to download the streams via this plugin.
bump
I know this plugin is very clearly marked as only working in the UK but is there any way to get a version of iPlayer that is radio only? The radio iPlayer isn't geo-locked and I can listen to BBC streams with no problem over the internet and on a Squeezebox radio but if I try and use the iPlayer plugin on XBMC it just hangs. Is there any way to get just the radio side of this plugin working outside the UK - I'm not bothered about the video aspect?

**EDIT**
Actually, after a bit of messing, I have got the radio working. Now it would just be handy if the radio section could be split away from the video so that I don't have to go into the video addons to play audio.
I've been thinking of asking if this could be split into two add-ons myself for a while now - iPlayer TV and iPlayer Radio.

Anyone up to it?
i think it's quite good as it is, but i never really use the radio part anyway.
I understand how it could be nice to browse their site and then play the video in xbmc.
Question 
hello all,

I've just started using Xbmc and am setting it up on an old mac powerbook g4 which has a power pc cpu and 1g ram. all is working well apart from the the video plugin "iplayer".

I can see the content of each video in the iplayer librery but the video will not play.
I live in the Uk so that should help and have tried this Plugin on a new mac book pro intel 2.8 and it works fine.

Is this just a mac power pc problem and can i be fixed?

Thanks for reading hope you can help.

BenEek
beneast Wrote:hello all,

I've just started using Xbmc and am setting it up on an old mac powerbook g4 which has a power pc cpu and 1g ram. all is working well apart from the the video plugin "iplayer".

I can see the content of each video in the iplayer librery but the video will not play.
I live in the Uk so that should help and have tried this Plugin on a new mac book pro intel 2.8 and it works fine.

Is this just a mac power pc problem and can i be fixed?

Thanks for reading hope you can help.

BenEek

Try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/ppc...repack.dmg
Let me know if it works.
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Might be an obvious Q but does this work fine with Dharma?
Beenje Wrote:Try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/osx/ppc...repack.dmg
Let me know if it works.

Hi Bennje,

Thanks for your help.
reinstalled this morning and seems to be working.Big Grin
beneast Wrote:Hi Bennje,

Thanks for your help.
reinstalled this morning and seems to be working.Big Grin

Great :-)
xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13