• 81(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
I'm just getting into xbmc, mainly because it is now available for Apple TV. I have successfully installed the plugin on my Apple TV, but none of the shows are playing.

I get a message saying "Loading catch up stream", then nothing happens anymore and after a few seconds I get a message saying that the stream could not be started and to check the log file.

If somebody tells me where to find the log file, I'll happily post it. Would be amazing to be able to watch iPlayer on the new Apple TV!

Thanks, Fabian
probably doesn't have librtmp support on that version (yet).
mhh interesting. any idea if that is something that could be implemented quite quickly or would take quite a while?
Sorry but I don't know anything about the appletv2 version. could post on trac about it perhaps ?
fabian9 Wrote:I'm just getting into xbmc, mainly because it is now available for Apple TV. I have successfully installed the plugin on my Apple TV, but none of the shows are playing.

I get a message saying "Loading catch up stream", then nothing happens anymore and after a few seconds I get a message saying that the stream could not be started and to check the log file.

If somebody tells me where to find the log file, I'll happily post it. Would be amazing to be able to watch iPlayer on the new Apple TV!

Thanks, Fabian

You could try going into the plugin settings and changing the stream type from "any" and try each of the specific options such as "Limelight".

When I first tried the plugin the stream would work for a few seconds and then would suddenly stop but after trying this it now works, the only problem is that when I want to watch live tv I have to change to a different setting.

If you are running a firewall I'd also check if this might be causing you some problems. Just look for inbound and outbound connections that might be getting blocked and then change your policy to allow the apps/port
exobuzz Wrote:Sorry but I don't know anything about the appletv2 version. could post on trac about it perhaps ?

Alright, posted it on trac. thanks for your help!

crooksy Wrote:You could try going into the plugin settings and changing the stream type from "any" and try each of the specific options such as "Limelight".

When I first tried the plugin the stream would work for a few seconds and then would suddenly stop but after trying this it now works, the only problem is that when I want to watch live tv I have to change to a different setting.

If you are running a firewall I'd also check if this might be causing you some problems. Just look for inbound and outbound connections that might be getting blocked and then change your policy to allow the apps/port

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried both available options but it still didn't work. Are you using it on AppleTV or a different platform?
fabian9 Wrote:Alright, posted it on trac. thanks for your help!

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried both available options but it still didn't work. Are you using it on AppleTV or a different platform?

I'm on a Windows server.
Hi, I've searched this and the other thread for an answer to my question but can't find a solution.
Is there a way to implement the parental guidance lock on the iplayer plugin?
TIA
Iplayer on iPad build just returns script error for me. Not really sure how to grab the log from my iPad yet- will give it a go later if anyone is interested?
Check out my stationery blog- http://www.tailormadeinvites.co.uk
the log file is located at /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log, need to access the file system using SHSH. Smile
Sorry can't work out the fancy embed the log thing- here is the link to pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/vva7GT2F

Thanks for looking
spamface Wrote:Hi, I've searched this and the other thread for an answer to my question but can't find a solution.
Is there a way to implement the parental guidance lock on the iplayer plugin?
TIA

with some extra code possibly.
atv2/ipad users: looks as through there is no librtmp on your builds that is needed for this plugin (and any plugins that use the rtmp:// protocol)
exobuzz Wrote:atv2/ipad users: looks as through there is no librtmp on your builds that is needed for this plugin (and any plugins that use the rtmp:// protocol)

Excuse my ignorance but is that something easily resolved in a future xbmc iOS build?
Excuse mine too, but I have no idea who built the ios build, nor anyrthing about whether librtmp was left out for a reason (such as it didn't play nicely).
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13