• 93(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
Been notified there is an update for this, when tell XBMC to update, it appears to be failing? Is anyone else having the same problem with regards upgrading?
Devices using XBMC
iMac | MacBook | MacBook Air | AppleTV2 | iPad | iPhone4
Updated to v2.4.7

* allow disabling of http cache used for caching iplayer rss/xml (should help openelec users)
* use correct storage location for addon data
* rename from IPlayer to iPlayer (for all the pedants - you know who you are ;-) )
* make addon appear in both audio and video sections. Thanks Hitcher.
* added changelog to addon
DazNoonan Wrote:Been notified there is an update for this, when tell XBMC to update, it appears to be failing? Is anyone else having the same problem with regards upgrading?

failing in what way ? any error shown ? please post an xbmc debug log.
I've noticed that when I bring up the info window for a TV show, the artwork is stretched. As you can see below, when looking at TV Shows in my library the artwork is the correct aspect ratio but when I use iPlayer its stretched.

Image[/quote]

I've confirmed that this happens with Confluence and reFocus skins.

Jeroen who created reFocus told me the dimensions and aspect ratio are determined based on the content type. If the content type is reported as movies by the add-on as a result it will use the dimensions set for movies. Therefor I was wondering if it would be possible to change the iPlayer Add-on to use the TV Show content type instead so that the artwork's aspect ratio is correct?
Sorry to be awkward, but please could you add this as an "issue" on the google code site. Then I won't forget about it Smile
I've created Issue 35 on Google.
New to this forum and thread. Im running XBMC and iplayer on a mac mini 2011. It seems to crash and lock up XBMC frequently enough to render it unusable, is the mac version alpha or beta ? or are there any alternative plugins ?
Dave
dhole Wrote:New to this forum and thread. Im running XBMC and iplayer on a mac mini 2011. It seems to crash and lock up XBMC frequently enough to render it unusable, is the mac version alpha or beta ? or are there any alternative plugins ?
Dave

I don't know much about the mac version but please report this on trac http://trac.xbmc.org pasting them a debug log after the crash.
Hi

I have a problem with iPlayer (all versions). I'm running on XBMC 10.1 on Linux.

If I'm too quick on the button, and accidentally press "Cancel" as a show starts, the whole UI seems to hang.

Pressing buttons gives me key-press sounds from XBMC, but it is impossible to go back to the menu.

Is this a known issue ?

Thanks

David
dlake02 Wrote:If I'm too quick on the button, and accidentally press "Cancel" as a show starts, the whole UI seems to hang.

Pressing buttons gives me key-press sounds from XBMC, but it is impossible to go back to the menu.

Is this a known issue ?

nope. anything that crashes / breaks xbmc is most likely a xbmc bug. Any bug report should be accompanied with a debug log.
Question 
I'm having trouble getting iPlayer streams to recover from pause. They seem to play fine, but if I pause them, the next few seconds plays before the stream freezes, and eventually falls back to the media browser.

I've tried this several times, and tried switches quality of the streams, but this doesn't have any effect.

I'm using the latest stable version of the plugins and XBMC.

I'm new to this plugin - have you got any idea what is going wrong, or what I can try to resolve the issue? It's otherwise working great - I'd love to get this working Smile

I think the relevant part of the log file is this: http://pastebin.com/2UJUvmK2

Thanks Big Grin
w1zard Wrote:I'm having trouble getting iPlayer streams to recover from pause. They seem to play fine, but if I pause them, the next few seconds plays before the stream freezes, and eventually falls back to the media browser.

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11122
I'm not so sure. It seems that the iPlayer Plugin is not going back a level when it is cancelled. I see:

17:31:50 T:2987572080 M:1927696384 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult- cancelling plugin iPlayer
17:31:50 T:2987572080 M:1927696384 INFO: Stopping script with id: 12

At that point, the plugin just hangs.

To reproduce:

- Select TV
- Select a channel
- Select a programme
- Whilst the "Loading directory" dialogue is displayed, press "Cancel"
- You'll see "iPlayer: Cancelling" for ever more.

The only way out is to reboot.

Davdi
dlake02 Wrote:I'm not so sure. It seems that the iPlayer Plugin is not going back a level when it is cancelled. I see:

17:31:50 T:2987572080 M:1927696384 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult- cancelling plugin iPlayer
17:31:50 T:2987572080 M:1927696384 INFO: Stopping script with id: 12

your not so sure of what ? There is a pause/unpause issue with rtmp, that seems to only show up on windows (and also on xbmc4xbox but we worked around it).

Your issue might be something else. But you shouldn't be able to crash xbmc with a plugin, which points to xbmc again (and possible librtmp depending if it got that far).

Can't reproduce it on linux anyway.
Smile 
exobuzz Wrote:http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11122

Thanks for the link. Fingers crossed this will be fixed soon, it's the only thing letting down XBMC for me at the moment. Maybe I'll have to dual-boot to linux if it's a Windows-only bug Big Grin
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13