• 104(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
pmbsa Wrote:Hi everybody, firstly I wanted to say thanks for this plugin, its easily the most used one in my home, I recently moved to South Africa and its keeping me sane. (In case anybody is interested, I am using a witopia VPN and it works brilliantly, live channels work a treat and the speed and qos is flawless!).

I have a question for people who use it regularly though. Reasonably often, when I change channels or sometimes just connect for the first time it takes me sometimes 3 or 4 attempts to get a stream to play, the log just says that its unable to get information about the stream.
Is that something people experience as well, I was hoping there might be a neat trick up somebody's sleeve if its a common little issue (its all about the GAF really, she is slightly less tolerant then I am... specially since I politely removed the satellite receiver and told her I could give her brilliant BBC for free Big Grin).

Once it connects its truly brilliant though, genuinely pretty astounded at the clarity and the smooth picture.

thanks again
Paul

(sorry, just to add, I am runnig Darma on ubuntu 10.04)

no debug log Smile
I assume you are using a proxy or something? well, it does seem as though at least akamai streams are now geolocked, so a uk vpn would be the only way really. You can try switching your stream source to limelight and see how that goes for you. Luckily I was just out of the country so able to see this for myself.

[edit] sorry i just read you are using a vpn. well im not sure. could be the vpn, could be that some stream sources dont like it. please post a log, and ill look into it further when i get time.
No problem, when I get home I will post a log. The VPN seems to be really sound actually, it could well be that though. Hard to tell.

thanks
Paul
gjlp Wrote:After reading this I tried installing the latest nightly build (7/2/2011) but still no luck with iPlayer. Back to Dharma Sad

Sorry guys, but it is definitely working for me on a couple of different nightly versions one is 20110620 and the other 20110707. This is on 32bit Win XP system and a 64bit Win 7 system. Both using a local tor proxy, limelight sources all the way up to HD 3200kbps streams.
Hmmm, something odd is happening as I just tried both those builds and neither worked; both with the same 'failed to fetch url' error Sad
PeterUK Wrote:Hmmm, something odd is happening as I just tried both those builds and neither worked; both with the same 'failed to fetch url' error Sad

Maybe it is because I am using a proxy that it is not failing. I live in France and have to use tor to be able to fetch any data at all (On both stable and nightly builds). Perhaps the proxy coding is bypassing whatever is making the script fail to retrieve the URL for those of you not using a direct connection.
Hi,

I am using Ubuntu 10.10 with the latest stable of XBMC installed. The iPlayer add-on works great for any HD content, but non HD content will either never play or will play but for only a minute or so and then exit back to XBMC.

I have tried different combinations of iPlayer settings but nothing but HD content ever seems to play.

Any suggestions to get non-hd content working?
It would be great if we could have out favourites as an option, with the queue function - a bit like in the Hulu plugin.
Protocol112 Wrote:Any suggestions to get non-hd content working?

you could start by providing a debug log Smile
Hi. Just a quick message really as a starter. Does the iPlayer plugin work with the XBMC Live CD installed to a USB? I have installed it on Windows XP/7 and it works straight away. Running from the Live USB drive I click on the program to view and it just hangs the XBMC application.

I've looked in the logs and all I can see up to now is
Stream 3200 not available, falling back to flash h264 1500 stream

It the runs through all the streams and logs nothing more.

I understand that I would need to post the logs for further troubleshooting but am not near my PC at the moment to get them so posting this to get a bit of info first.
gazbea Wrote:Hi. Just a quick message really as a starter. Does the iPlayer plugin work with the XBMC Live CD installed to a USB? I have installed it on Windows XP/7 and it works straight away. Running from the Live USB drive I click on the program to view and it just hangs the XBMC application.

it should do.

I can't really give any further information until you have a log. cheers.
mortstar Wrote:Maybe it is because I am using a proxy that it is not failing. I live in France and have to use tor to be able to fetch any data at all (On both stable and nightly builds). Perhaps the proxy coding is bypassing whatever is making the script fail to retrieve the URL for those of you not using a direct connection.

Yup, this is the case for me as well - works fine under Nightlies with a proxy, doesn't at all without (produces the Network Error). I imagine the issue is something small, think it's time for me to pick up some Python Smile

As a last resort (other than reverting to Dharma), I installed a local Proxy Server (I used FreeProxy) and got it working like that (except for live streams)... Although I may have over-complicated things a bit Wink
HD streams on ATV2

I've tried posting about this in the ATV2 forum, as i thought it was probably a codec issue but didn't get anywhere.

Basically iplayer HD streams (3200kbps) stutter on all "current" builds on ATV2 (official and unofficial). They work perfectly on the official build from February (10.0-7). Details, log and more quoted below!

Any ideas?

Quote: I'm trying to play a 720p MP4 AAC files that worked perfectly under Official release 10.0-7. Only other build that will play it is a nightly from mid April, 10.0-9 official and nightlies since April will not play these files properly, they stutter and only play at about 10 FPS.

This is a build related issue as all works as expected under official build 10.0-7. My ATV2 connects to network by wifi, and to NAS drive by SMB. Have no issues with SMB or wifi under 10.0-7.

The MP4s come from the BBC iPlayer HD streams. However if i download and try to play from NAS drive i get the same issue. See sample of one of the files here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3623045/Luther%20S02E02_009.zip

Media info for the file is here:
http://pastebin.com/R7wDc3aw

Debug log from July 18th nightly is here:
http://pastebin.com/CeibkbPe

Looks like there's lots of discontinuity errors around line 729??

I've posted about it in the official build thread and someone else with the same issue with BBC HD streams started a trac ticket here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11706
exobuzz Wrote:it should do.

I can't really give any further information until you have a log. cheers.

Log file is in my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8673078/xbmc.log
i'm running iplayer on ATV2 and i'm getting this weird error in my logs - any ideas why?

http://pastebin.com/8KC09HPs
gazbea Wrote:Log file is in my dropbox here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8673078/xbmc.log

I can't find any reference in that log of you even running the iplayer plugin ?
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13