• 113(current)
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)
traxmac Wrote:I am running both an apple tv 1 and 2. Both see the same issue.
It would appear unable to retrieve the feeds.

From the log (Library/Logs/xbmc.log) I see.
http://pastebin.com/87HwRf8H

I had this after updating to Eden B1. Fixed it (on atv2) by changing the permissions as they had been set wrong for xbmc.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
My iPlayer live BBC issues continue to multiply!

1. BBC 1 refuses to play in sync - all other live streams work fine

2. Both BBC 1 and 2 refuse to play totally if the stream source is set to Akamai or Level 3 - only Limelight works (but One is still out of sync)

Is there any one out there with similar issues, or not? Please ....
castalla Wrote:My iPlayer live BBC issues continue to multiply!

1. BBC 1 refuses to play in sync - all other live streams work fine

2. Both BBC 1 and 2 refuse to play totally if the stream source is set to Akamai or Level 3 - only Limelight works (but One is still out of sync)

Is there any one out there with similar issues, or not? Please ....

Sorry that I can't be to any help, but I can at least tell you that I have the exact same issues. BBC One live video is stuttering slightly and the audio is out of sync. No problems with the other channels. Sometimes it works though, but it seems to be random (?).

The same with the source, only Limelight works.

(Edit: I use Dharma.)
Thanks so much for your info ... at least I now know it's not just my setup!

I've posted an issue on the iplayer site - let's hope someone investigates the problem!

Cheers.
this is potentially a stupid question, but how do i go about activating the interface shown here:

Currently i only have this view: (apologies for the photo quality)

I'm ok with this, but it doesn't give me access to live streaming and more importantly it doesn't meet the Wife Approval Factor. Can anyone help me out?

I'm running an ATV2 with the Eden beta.

I should point out that i'm getting to this stage by going Videos > Addons > iPlayer (i'm new to XBMC so i'm not too used to it yet)
Fileserver: Athlon 7850 | 8GB RAM | 5x2TB RAID-Z2 | Ubuntu Trusty | Lian Li PC-A05B

HTPC: Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC
AnalBeard Wrote:this is potentially a stupid question, but how do i go about activating the interface shown here:

Currently i only have this view: (apologies for the photo quality)

I'm ok with this, but it doesn't give me access to live streaming and more importantly it doesn't meet the Wife Approval Factor. Can anyone help me out?

I'm running an ATV2 with the Eden beta.

I should point out that i'm getting to this stage by going Videos > Addons > iPlayer (i'm new to XBMC so i'm not too used to it yet)

In the list view press left on the atv remotes and you will get settings to change the layout etc. this is an XBMC-wide thing as well.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
deanmv Wrote:In the list view press left on the atv remotes and you will get settings to change the layout etc. this is an XBMC-wide thing as well.
fantastic, thanks very much!
Fileserver: Athlon 7850 | 8GB RAM | 5x2TB RAID-Z2 | Ubuntu Trusty | Lian Li PC-A05B

It was a stupid question. A very stupid question. It probably took you more work to post those images than to just figure it out yourself.
VanZan Wrote:It was a stupid question. A very stupid question. It probably took you more work to post those images than to just figure it out yourself.

i don't think that was particularly necessary, do you?

krish_2k4 Wrote:there is probably a lot of code that needs cleaning/updating for Eden.

saying that its working well for me.

not really. and addons jsut send urls to xbmc to play, so playback issues like audio sync, video display are all xbmc related and nothing to do with the addon.
it could be the cdn of course, or something they have changed which doesn't work with rtmpdump/ffmpeg libs - but it's still out of the control of the plugin.
Agreed ... but the issue is just where to post to get some feedback or fixes for player issues ?
can report playback issues to xbmc. this thread is fine for discussing issues with the plugin, but I can't fix anything that isnt related to me chosing the wrong streams. ive not looked at the plugin code for a while, and it might be time to see if they changed cdn stuff around to make it make different selections but I can't do more than that.
Thanks - I suspect that it is something the Beeb have done.

For days ONE live was desynced - then on Thursday evening it worked fine. Since then it has reverted back to desync, plus slight video jarring.

The ONE stream also starts without the usual 'normal' video speedup blur - which all the synced channels show on selection. As soon as I see the stream start without the blur, then I know it'll be out of sync.

It works in the normal flash iplayer without sync problems.

Haven't any idea how to pursue this via the Beeb - which would probably be a lost cause in any case.

Thanks for all your efforts.

edit: the other issue is that ONE and TWO only work via Limelight. The don't work for Any or Akamai/Level 3.
I would rather you did not persue it via the beeb, unless you want them to pay more notice and then close down the addon. the flash player may well be using a different cdn.

your other issues isnt really an issue. its just that the streams are not available most likely, as I explained already on iplayer bugtracker. yes the code could fallback better for live streams. When I get a chance I might have a look and see what the situation is with whats available on what CDNs and adjust accordingly.
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] iPlayer - BBC Video and Music Plugin (UK only!)13