Time-Shifting?
Quantumstate Wrote:You must have some sort of majick search engine then, because I got zero when using the search bar on the wiki front page, which rational ppl would use.

Yeah there's the search box for the XBMC homepages on top, but there's a search link below that for the wiki. It is slightly confusing.
Quantumstate Wrote:You must have some sort of majick search engine then, because I got zero when using the search bar on the wiki front page, which rational ppl would use.
Yeah that searchbar is broken and will be replaced soon, so for now you need to click the search link and do a search from there (and not from the searchbar), see:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Special:Search

Quantumstate Wrote:Why wouldn't I choose 64bit? Command words are larger and can encompass more operations per, and thus it is faster. Measurably faster? I don't know, and I don't care. There is no downside. Why would you criticize my choice here?
Well XBMC doesn't work perfectly on 64-bit since it has so many third-party dependencies that doesn't work perfectly on 64-bit, I think that is a downside if you want to use XBMC. Anyway that discussion does not belong here.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Gamester17 Wrote:Well XBMC doesn't work perfectly on 64-bit since it has so many third-party dependencies that doesn't work perfectly on 64-bit, I think that is a downside if you want to use XBMC. Anyway that discussion does not belong here.
Well believe it or not, XBMC does not drive my choice of Linux.

I've run Debian exclusively on all my machines for 12 years, and I am not going back to 32bit at this point. So I guess I'll wait on XBMC.

This discussion is about XBMC and what it is able to run on.
it will run fine in 99% of the cases. the main issue is with sdl and threads. if the os hands you a 64bit thread id, you're effed. that should not happen too often
This discussion is about "Time-Shifting?" as that is the topic you picked when you started this thread.
Quantumstate Wrote:Seems to me like innovation in Myth has stalled. 0.22 looks almost like 0.21 and I think it's because of the continuous in-fighting amongst devs there. The Strong devs don't want to hear to any improvements, and I don't think 0.22 will ever become stable.

Is there any will to add time-shift recording capability to XBMC? Or maybe port XBMC as a frontend to Myth?
For easy of management sake please respect the the forum rules that state that that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
How is it that I can not ask the questions that I have? Can a discussion not even slightly evolve as answers emerge? What is a forum for, anyway?

You are being entirely too sensitive, Gamester17. You are acting like the Myth devs. Has your power gone to your head? I am not even considering XBMC is this is how things are.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Forum_Usage_Guidelines

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Forum_F...art_way.3F

You do not have a splendid attitude yourself. At least I am contributing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time-Shifting?0