• 4(current)
AQTBrowser.py WOW
(mastiha @ aug. 27 2004,23:39 Wrote:
(caracarn @ aug. 27 2004,16:47 Wrote:can i increase the cache % before the trailer starts playing, so there isnt quite so many stop-starts?
i would also like to know whether the cache size could be increased.

another thing, i'm running xbmc in 720p mode but when i run this script the background only fills the top left corner of the screen. anyway i can fix this so it fits the whole screen? i'm using the pm aqt skin.
c'mon, don't be shy.
made a small mod.
added timeout on webpage fetching, and a setting to auto-choose size instead of using the dialog.

see top of file:
http_timeout = 10.0 # max. seconds to wait for a response when fetching webpages
default_size = 2 # 2=large, 1=medium, 0=small, -1=show dialog

simply using a thread to fetch the urls...

note: the version 2 posts below has those, plus thumbnails Smile
get the new one instead of this one...
get it here
thanks for the default_size
@mastiha

i had the same problem. i run xbmc in 1080i mode so i modified the script to scale itself to any screen resolution. i also left in moutons default size parameter.

i uploaded it to the scripts page, but i think the admins need to approve it before its available on dwl.xboxmediadiacenter.de.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
added more fun stuff:
now shows thumbnails of the previews! Smile

edit the top of the script if you want. defaults works fine with ntsc and default pm skin.

.py and .gif files need to be in the scripts dir.

get it here

enjoy.

screenshot:

note: it's normal that some thumbnails are black. not all previews have a thumbnail available on quicktime.com
also, the thumbanils downloads are done in background, so don't expect to see them as soon as u enter the script. the 'now playing' ones are downloaded first, so they should be available a couple of secs after the script has started.
leave the script running for a couple of minutes if you want all the thumbnails.
on run, it will only try to download the missing thumbnails.
this is an awesome app however, it would be better to enable a user defined caching level to be set.

hope to see this feature soon Smile
very cool py app. love it.

have a look at this trailer utility for xlobby might be a source of inspiration for new functionality.
anyone is free to take my latest version, and mod it to achieve whatever results he wants.
i'm personnaly satisfied with my current version, which i'll continue to use, so i probably won't implement / fix anything else.
kraqh3d might post another version which could work better in 1080i.
if any of the python guru's want to attemp to mimic the trailer utility from xlobby, here's the initial url it goes after:

http://movies.apple.com/moviesxml/h/index.html

it's kinda neat. the xml is laid out nice and clean. first section appear to be the front page trailers. then it breaks out genres like:

action_and_adventure
comedy
documentary
drama

and then it breaks out by studio

the xlobby utility parses thru the xml using the studio. (i did an ethereal capture to watch it.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i've actually go this almost done (itms xml based player that is). just working on some of the ui stuff now.

features include:
- now playing, new trailers, exclusive trailers, etc...
- scaleable gui
- caching of posters to a posters_cache directory and displaying them

still working on:
- cache % of trailer before start (might only be able to do default internet video cache size or all of the trailer)
- saving trailers to hdd (do people want this?)
- trailer playlists including random
- test in 4:3 mode

suggestions or wishes are welcome.
after this script is done i intend on adding support for the music videos in itms also.
downloaded the latest version and the thumbnails looks good. only problem is on mine i cant see the up and down arrow, its there as i can navigate up and down, any ideasHuh
absolutely wonderful script! thank you.

suggestion: use the thumbnailpanel from reference.xml or at least use the folder-nofocus/focus.png for the thumbnails. as it is right now it's kinda hard to see which one is selected.
Quote:suggestion: use the thumbnailpanel from reference.xml or at least use the folder-nofocus/focus.png for the thumbnails. as it is right now it's kinda hard to see which one is selected.
the xbmc tumbnail pannel is not yet supported in python, this will be added later.

maybe someone could make a script to watch trailers from www.gametrailers.com

that would be so awesome :o

thanks for the script mouton.

i too am having similar problems to jphccfc. i have tried to look at the code but as i don't understand python yet, cannot see why the arrows are not appearing.

any advice?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AQTBrowser.py WOW0