Browsing through information of movies by selecting actors doesn't update info fields
Hi all,

When I browse through my movie library and select movie info, cast information can be queried. When selecting an actor (say Hugh Laurie from Blackadder), I can select his name to browse the other movies / series in which he appeared. However, when selecting another movie (Sense and Sensibility) and clicking 'OK', only the title of the window (containing the movie title "Sense and Sensibility") and the plot information (autoscrolling in the large text area at the bottom of the movie information window) get updated. All other fields (director, writer, studio, genre, etc.) still contain information from "Blackadder", while you would expect information from Sense and Sensibiltiy to appear there.

Although I think this bug isn't platform specific, here is some platform information:
architecture: x86_64
distribution: Ubuntu
install method: .debs from PPA
kernel: 2.6.28-11-generic
svn revision: 19954 (9.04)

The Debug Log doesn't contain any relevant information, I think this is just caused by some false logic somewhere in the XBMC core...
I've noticed this too, however it appears to PM3.HD specific. I now use MediaStream and it dosn't occur.

Should probably submit a ticket about this... I did find this though:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5699

Claimed it was fixed before 9.04...
Works fine for me in SVN using either skin. If you can reproduce the bug using a more recent build then please let us know how to do so!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I built XBMC from SVN (r20560) and it works fine now. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browsing through information of movies by selecting actors doesn't update info fields0