[APPLETV] How can I SSH from a Windows PC to Apple TV?
Question 
I just setup my AppleTV Yesterday:

My Objective is to be able to access the AppleTV from my PC so I can directly place media on the AppleTV hard drive. I want to do this because the PC is often under a high load which leads to choppy play on the AppleTV. Ideally this will be an application with a GUI so that I can simply drag and drop media on to the AppleTV (Ideally setup some sort of automatic sync).

I am able to SSH from the Terminal on my Macbook successfully. However when I try this from a PC I am able to connect to the AppleTV using several ssh programs (Winscp, Bitvise, SSHExplorer and Putty). They all seem to be able to connect initially however authentication fails when I am prompted to put in my username and password.

Here is the error from SSH Explorer:

Connecting...
Connected...

Disconnected... [Cause: Invalid username or password reported by server.]

I am using the username administrator and the password frontrow (same as in the terminal on my mac)
Shurafa Wrote:I just setup my AppleTV Yesterday:

My Objective is to be able to access the AppleTV from my PC so I can directly place media on the AppleTV hard drive. I want to do this because the PC is often under a high load which leads to choppy play on the AppleTV. Ideally this will be an application with a GUI so that I can simply drag and drop media on to the AppleTV (Ideally setup some sort of automatic sync).

I am able to SSH from the Terminal on my Macbook successfully. However when I try this from a PC I am able to connect to the AppleTV using several ssh programs (Winscp, Bitvise, SSHExplorer and Putty). They all seem to be able to connect initially however authentication fails when I am prompted to put in my username and password.

Here is the error from SSH Explorer:

Connecting...
Connected...

Disconnected... [Cause: Invalid username or password reported by server.]

I am using the username administrator and the password frontrow (same as in the terminal on my mac)

ssh comes in two flavors, v1 and v2. check which flavor you are using and try the other flavor.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[APPLETV] How can I SSH from a Windows PC to Apple TV?0