List View Mod Coming Soon...
Amazing stuff.
this is all great but when do we get it lol Wink
z][ggy;347449 Wrote:this is all great but when do we get it lol Wink

I know, work has been crushing lately, the other person my year at work was on vacation so I basically had to do 2 jobs this week. Another "problem" with this mod in general is that it feels like it lends itself to an endless amount of alternate layouts and information choices. I have definitely spent some time playing around with concepts that got left on the cutting room floor, so to speak (well, for the time being anyway -- I want to see what ideas other people have after the initial release).

But still on schedule for a release tomorrow, although it will definitely be a "beta" version. At this stage, the movie library is basically done and I am still fiddling with music view, but that is close to done. Files and tv shows "work" but I haven't really spent time there yet -- apologies to those hoping for one of those 2 views, I will definitely get to them soon (maybe another week?).

By the way, if anyone has a list of what information can be displayed at the "artist" level of the music library it would be greatly appreciated.
serious though great work mate and take your time i'm really looking forward to this Big Grin
Leeuw Wrote:By the way, if anyone has a list of what information can be displayed at the "artist" level of the music library it would be greatly appreciated.

Artist bio, formed(band)/born(single artist) info, discography, genre, moods, styles, and instruments.
jalesm Wrote:Artist bio, formed(band)/born(single artist) info, discography, genre, moods, styles, and instruments.

Cheers, jalesm!

EDIT: Do you know if this information is only available when you bring up the fullscreen dialog (like with cast info for movies)? Or is there a trick I'm missing?
Music library (still working on this...):

looking good mate I think you best stay awake all night as I want this done for 08:00 when i come of nights haha (kidding) Laugh
Leeuw Wrote:EDIT: Do you know if this information is only available when you bring up the fullscreen dialog (like with cast info for movies)? Or is there a trick I'm missing?

Discography seems to be the only one that would only be accessible in fullscreen info, it seems to function similiar to cast info. If you need reference look at the code for PM3HD's Media info view, that shows genre, moods, styles, and born/formed info and the fanart view shows the bio.
looks nice!

here's a thought... Can you make the right-side information & art constantly scroll up from to bottom instead of having a to manually switch?

This would not only be cool but it would give you back the space used for the title/selection area?

Here's a mockup with it... I added one more line to the list and raised it a bit to make everything level with the top of the poster and give some breathing room at the bottom of the list. I think it looks more uniform/clean being level.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:looks nice!

here's a thought... Can you make the right-side information & art constantly scroll up from to bottom instead of having a to manually switch?

This would not only be cool but it would give you back the space used for the title/selection area?

Here's a mockup with it... I added one more line to the list and raised it a bit to make everything level with the top of the poster and give some breathing room at the bottom of the list. I think it looks more uniform/clean being level

XBMC doesn't really offer the autoscrolling functionality (at least not without a LOT of custom animations), but an auto crossfade should be possible. After I get through the first release I'll take a look into it.

As for raising the poster, I personally like it offset a bit, but you can always mod it.
right i'm off nights and going to bed I hope it's here and done so I can unwrap it when I wake up lol
Well I'm awake and nothing to unwrap Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
List View Mod Coming Soon...1