Problems With Service Pack 2 for Windows XP?
i have a bunch of smb shares that i open within xmbc, and i am wondering if service pack 2 (soon to be released) will cause problems with my setup? i doubt it will, but i still think it's worth some thought as ms begins rolling out the update!

-e
with the default sp2 firewall settings it did not work.

i had to turn off the new sp2 firewall and then it worked fine.

the firewall is pretty basic you are better off disabling it and using zonealarm or other 3rd party firewalls in any case.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
yip - same here, wouldnt use the windows firewall anyway... once its switched off no issues, and havent seen any other issues so far..
works fine with sp2.  go into firewall, then exceptions, then click on file and printer sharing and make sure it is is checked.  then click edit and make sure all 4 of the ports are enabled and set to sub.  works fine. oh.. and for those saying they wouldn't use windows firewall this new firewall is actually pretty good. being able to enable file sharing and then restrict it to local computers only is something that deserves a huge sigh of relief for anyone who uses local lan for internet and file sharing both.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems With Service Pack 2 for Windows XP?0