• 3(current)
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project
Bram77, thanks for the quick response. You answered the question before I even read it. :o

The Dual License was a little confusing at first. The links provided by Bram77 explain the License.

Question: Has anybody used XBMControl Web on a Mac? Just wondering if this works.

Thanks for supporting this application.

Kabooga
I've tested some of the ExtJS library on Safari and it all seemed to work nicely. I couldn't distinguish any difference in behavior compared to Firefox or Internet Explorer. They have done a really great job making the lib cross browser. That's pretty hard to do, I know from experience.

I haven't actually tested your app thought. I have no mac at home.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Bram77 Wrote:If I understand correctly the 'Dual Licensing Model' they use will allow for using the library for free and legally in XBMC.

Quote: Quid Pro Quo

Dual Licensing is based on the principle of Quid Pro Quo - "something for something". In return for the advantages you realize from using an Ext product to create your application, we require that you do one of the following:
  • Contribute to the continued development of the product by purchasing commercial licenses from Ext. This option secures you the right to distribute your application under the license terms of your choice.
  • Contribute to the Open Source community by placing your application under an Open Source license (e.g. GPL v3). This option secures all users the rights to obtain the application's full source code, modify it, and redistribute it.
http://www.yui-ext.com/company/dual.php
http://www.yui-ext.com/products/license.php
XBMC Media Center is currently licensed under GPL v2, ...and what about commercial forks of XBMC like for example Boxee?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Good question Gamester17. I'll email the EXT folks and see what they think. The company is pretty responsive.

Found this in the Free Software Foundation FAQs

If some network client software is released under AGPLv3, does it have to be able to provide source to the servers it interacts with?
This should not be required in any typical server-client relationship. AGPLv3 requires a program to offer source code to “all users interacting with it remotely through a computer network.” In most server-client architectures, it simply wouldn't be reasonable to argue that the server operator is a “user” interacting with the client in any meaningful sense.

Consider HTTP as an example. All HTTP clients expect servers to provide certain functionality: they should send specified responses to well-formed requests. The reverse is not true: servers cannot assume that the client will do anything in particular with the data they send. The client may be a web browser, an RSS reader, a spider, a network monitoring tool, or some special-purpose program. The server can make absolutely no assumptions about what the client will do—so there's no meaningful way for the server operator to be considered a user of that software.

Kabooga
I got it going but its not very clever with films. Mine are in folder so I have to drill down and then randomly pick files as they are video ts. The standard web interface 'stacks' them.

More over standard AVIs or VOBs won't play, I click them, or select them and press play and xbmc just sits there.
Garyi, thanks for the input. I've noticed that also. I'll look into it.

Kabooga
Consider this another request for screen shots. I would like to see what I'm testing.
tvieson Wrote:Consider this another request for screen shots. I would like to see what I'm testing.

In order for you to test it, you must 'see' it at the same time... which requires you to install it, then run it.

then you can do tons of screen shots!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
pretty buggy on win7 (browser crashes, very slow, no action taken when I want to play a new mp3,..) .. and no eyecandy (yet) Smile
Just install Firefox and your problems will be gone (and you'll be using a safer and better browser) Smile

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
not getting anything sensible from this thing, will not start any thing at all. it shows an icon of whats playing but really thats all.
here is a picture Smile

Hello,

i plan du usw my xbmc as only mediacenter in my new home.. this means i want to play music and webstreams without turning on my tv!

I want to control the media center via a (very small) screen (perhaps touch, perhabs something like an internet tablet). ANd here is where this webgui comes in the game.. but there are some things missing.

o) the stored playlists from xbmc (this is how i get the webradio streams into xbmc)
o) a way to scroll the tracks (or movies)

and what I've noticed: Whenn i play the first track in my playlist and select the forth (or fifth or whatever), xbmc will play the 2nd (instead of the fivth) track after the chossen one is over.

any ideas? think this is possible?
garyi
Works fine for me using FF 3.0 & 3.5
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
NatroN,

I like the idea about the loading of stored playlists. I'll investigate how to implement this.

Also, the issue you noticed when selecting a specific song will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks for your input.

Kabooga.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Web Interface Addon] XBMC Control Web Page - an open source development project4