• 10(current)
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching
Stormin8 Wrote:Hi everyone, 1st time poster. Love XBMC! I don't Know if this is the right forum/thread or not but anyways my question is can someone help me with a regex for the file and folder format i have for all my anime. I'm new to regex and it seems a little to complex for me. So I would really appreciate it if some one could help me with a regex that i can put in my advancedsettings.xml file. I used the anidb web applet to rename all my anime to the following:

Anime Title - episode number - episode title [Group Name].ext

example:
Inuyasha The Final Act - 01 - Naraku`s Heart [SHINs].avi
Naruto Shippuuden - 001-002 [DB].avi

The folder Structure is:

G:\My Files\Anime\Anime Title\AT - Ep# - ET [GN].ext

example:
G:\My Files\Anime\Inuyasha - Final Act\Inuyasha The Final Act - 01 - Naraku`s Heart [SHINs].avi
G:\My Files\Anime\Naruto Shippuuden\Naruto Shippuuden - 001-002 [DB].avi

Thanks in advance

Anime is a world of pain and it depends on what scraper you are using. With tvdb many are split into seasons artificially which causes us problems since your naming has no seasons. The anidb scraper is new to me and I have no experience.

The best i can do is ask you to run a complete update with debug scanning on. This should create lots of failed to enumerate lines. Paste the whole log to pastebin and I will see if there are some patterns.

kim1406 Wrote:Thanks for your reply, so I guess the only solution is to rename my files and use the default scraping.

If i were you I would fix your naming directly. I very rarely suggest this but you have a scheme that will only handle single eps and will not work well at all in edge cases.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
This is a call to arms. I have had 3 requests to add anime support.

To do so i need a large data set. I need lists of original anime filenames. Specifically this is release names. If you or anyone else has renamed them are no use.

Ideally i will need 50,000 + sample name so if anyone has access to this please post to pastebin and I will officially start supporting anime as best as it can be.

http://pastebin.com/9mRZfaQD

hopefully something to get you started.
definitely a great start. I will be asking alot of questions so stay posted over the week.

I need more though peoples. Lots more. The more I have the better the matching will be.

sure i will do my best to help you out :p
New version.

First stab at anime matching and a small number of subtle bug fixes.

Also much shorter commenting to make the file less huge.

I have also added a line to the change log to define the stable version. Everything else should be considered beta.

On a serious note those that are following this thread please when someone posts can you help with this format and they have hand written the file names/examples etc... if you see this immediately point them at the support section in the OP.

I recently wasted a lot of time in IRC PM helping a dude when what he was telling me wasn't what XBMC was seeing.

I now REQUIRE absolutely the debug log. Time is the only thing i cant afford Tongue

Kudos all and I hope this continues to help

awesome work xe! Havent checked if its the same anime regexp you gave me yesterday but i will "install" your little pack today and see if it works nice Smile
I have a good idea how to make multipart anime work but i want to do this in more steps for bug finding

xexe Wrote:I have a good idea how to make multipart anime work but i want to do this in more steps for bug finding

Ok, well i can say from my testing it seems to work pretty good. Will check for errors tomorrow tho.
just a note. u say on second post that stable version is v1.9 however there is no pastebin link to v1.9
Currently addicted to Night. Watch this teaser and join the forum.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs from the ClearLOGO site and forum
Try my changes to the Night skin if u like how they looks
zwat Wrote:just a note. u say on second post that stable version is v1.9 however there is no pastebin link to v1.9

good catch.

fixed thanks to sowerea

I am pondering allowing two sesaon folder formats. Using "weeds" as an examples

/Server/Weeds/Season 1/*.avi

is the current format. I might add:

/Server/Weeds/weeds.s01.dvdrip/*.avi

Now that XBMC has dvd tagging in confluence this would help with names that don't have that tag i.e. TPZ

However I am having all sorts of problems doing it.

Thoughts?

I dont feel that its needed, but thats me.
Beta 3 is out.

Before updating can you do a full update library scrape.

Then upgrade

Then scrape again and report any example of stuff found on the installation of beta 3 please.

The idea is to see if the current regex is affected by the URL encoder changes in beta 3

Hi,

awsome to see your adding anime compatability to the tv shows Big Grin the latest file already helped find a lot more files then the orriginal XBMC settings, but still a lot of my vid's aren't getting detected, perhaps due to my file structure ( E:/Animename[videoheight]/*.mkv) and some are just getting displayed in a weird way or not fully.

like bakemonogatari for example, it finds 14 out of 15 video's which all have the same name structure which seems kind of weird to me, but it also name's then in a weird way (example)

i dont know if this is helpfull feedback but i'm just putting it out there.

i would provide u with a complete update with debug scanning on but i dont know how Sad

and is there a easy way to get the file names? i have 242 anime's which are together 5510 episodes (all unchanged names) so i might be able to help get u closer to those 50.000 names Tongue

ps, which scraper would u recommend if tvdb might case issue's because of the season thing.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Extra REGEX for TV Show Episode matching19