• 9(current)
Which Ion based system should I buy?
UPS attempted to deliver my ION HTPC yesterday so I've arranged to collect it tonight. Once I have it up and running I'll post a review for anyone else that might be interested.
Awesome! I just cant wait for it ... I'm after a few things: fan noise, heat w/o fan, power consumption in different modes, cpu consumption with latest AeON (e.g. andyblac mod), playing 1080p and your remote solution, usb-wakeup.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
sircube Wrote:Awesome! I just cant wait for it ... I'm after a few things: fan noise, heat w/o fan, power consumption in different modes, cpu consumption with latest AeON (e.g. andyblac mod), playing 1080p and your remote solution, usb-wakeup.
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Exactly. I am waiting for a test if AEON (e.g. andyblac mod) working fine.
Frozone Wrote:Exactly. I am waiting for a test if AEON (e.g. andyblac mod) working fine.

I have this running on an Ionstar 330 and it's fine for both the interface and 720p/1080p content. The Aleutia offering is the same processor and graphics so should be much the same.
Mine shipped today, should arrive tommorrow according to UPS tracking number...
duplu Wrote:I have this running on an Ionstar 330 and it's fine for both the interface and 720p/1080p content. The Aleutia offering is the same processor and graphics so should be much the same.

Thx, for Video I knew befor, because of VDPAU. But GUI I wasn´t shure. So now I can buy it.Rofl
guys, got my H1 yesterday (or you may refer to it as the bundle you can buy from mini-itx.com for a little less money). just a heads up, the description on their site has been updated since I placed my order so be aware that the deluxe model (which you'll prob need for 1080p content) has a fan due to the 2 processors. although it is almost silent.

I'll get a review up at some point...once I have it working :-s

I bought the model with an 8GB usb flash drive but running ubuntu off this has poor performance.

no luck with a live install of xbmc either, keeps crashing. gonna stick in a 2.5inch sata today and follow the same guides for asrock ion 330.

will update @ http://www.techie-tube.com/xbmc/index.php
guys, anyone here got a Aleutia H1 successfull up and running? I've had zero success with mine, check out my thread on the issue:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54503

UPDATE: pretty much diagnosed as a hardware fault. I'm returning it and gonna buy a ASRock ION 330 instead.
anyone have a good store for a 330? All i'm finding is ebay at around $350-430. I'd rather avoid ebay if possible... what the hell is the deal with the ion platform? it's available in europe but not us?
Can anybody tell me how the Asrock handles 720p videos using xp/vista?

I'm not really bothered about 1080P

Thanks.
I'm nearly sure that is too much for the little Atom cpu. However you could use the excellent XBMCLive distro which makes use of VDPAU, hence even 1080p is no problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Has anyone found out of the ASRock ION 330 can do Power-On-USB or something similar so remotes can be used for starting it up?

I'm extremely close to buying one of these, but I want to make sure that I can get a remote to work well with it including power on via remote. Has anyone done this with with the ASRock and either XBMCLive or Ubuntu + XBMC?
locri Wrote:Has anyone found out of the ASRock ION 330 can do Power-On-USB or something similar so remotes can be used for starting it up?

I'm extremely close to buying one of these, but I want to make sure that I can get a remote to work well with it including power on via remote. Has anyone done this with with the ASRock and either XBMCLive or Ubuntu + XBMC?

Yes it can to quote Asrock

Quote:Dear Customer,

Yes, the ION 330 can support wake up from USB device.

Yours Truly,
ASRock Inc.
>>X<<' Wrote:Yes it can to quote Asrock

Oh, excellent. Thank you!
There is a summary of all ION based products that are actually currently available to buy at the following URL:

http://www.linuxtech.net/features/nvidia...rview.html
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Ion based system should I buy?0