XBMC Live 9.04.1 released
I just installed XBMC Live to a barebone system. The reason why I chose Live was because I could only get the DVD play with it and not get the "Insert a DVD in the drive" (or something along that line) kind of error I get with other type of Ubuntu installations. Now, the problem I have with the Live installation was that it didn't give me an option to define the partition of hard drive to install the OS into. After the installation, I now have 3 partitions, a 5 GB one with the OS, a swap partition and the remainder as the /home partition. My questions are as follows:

1. How am I going to be able to keep my /home partition intact and just upgrade the OS partition with the next Live release, since Live installation tends to repartition/reformat the whole hard drive?

2. Will the new Live release break the DVD play feature? From the readings I had, I got the impression that one reason for DVD play to create the above-mentioned error might be the newer cdio libraries being unable to handle the situation well. Therefore, I am very hesitant to update my cdio libraries with newer versions. Granted, this may not be the only reason for that error, but downgrading cdio libraries below a certain version helped some people. If anybody has some experience or knowledge about this issue, I would appreciate them sharing here.

3. Can I place a feature request for the next Live release to include partition management? If yes, where can I place it?

Thanks for reading.
tks for your request about the upgrade path, I will try to address that in the near future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.04.1 released0