how to remove music from library?
I added all my music to my music library but now i want to get rid of it all. I removed my mp3 folder as a source but when i hit update library it still scans the folder and all the music is still there...

how do i get rid of all my music?
Settings > Music > Library > Clean Library.
alternatively just delete the musicdb out of your profile folder!
clean library didn't work for some reason...i'm a xbmc noob...where would i find the musicdb? i don't see a profiles folder in my xbmc folder
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=XBMC_for..._stored.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
awesome....thanks a lot guys
I feel like this shouldn't need to be asked, but how do I remove 1 item from the music library, ie one album that I don't want anymore? context menu doesn't have a delete option, and pressing delete does nothing...

Nevermind, I found the answer, even though I feel it should work better than having to physically move or delete the files...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...move+music
How do you mean "You don't want it".

Do you want the files gone, or do you want it just out of the library?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:How do you mean "You don't want it".

Do you want the files gone, or do you want it just out of the library?

Just want it out of the library, the thread that I referred to seems like a workaround rather than a function of xbmc.... Huh
The problem is that if the files are still present then we need a way of ignoring them in the future. Once they're ignored, how does one add them back in at a later date.

On a more basic level, however, I'm not sure I understand the need for not including an album when it's there among all your other music? I can, on the other hand, understand the need for wanting to get rid of it altogether (i.e. removal of files as well as from the library).

Cheers,
Jonathan

I just thought that if the functionality was in the movie library it'd be in music, though as per your question, I was wanting to remove several item from my music library so I could fix thier ID3 tags and then add them back in, though I guess I could just fix them and do an update library.
Indeed - that is the desired behaviour - no need to remove stuff when you can just update their tags then update lib.

I suspect if you tell the movie library to remove the item and then do an update they'll pop back up again as well.

jmarshall Wrote:The problem is that if the files are still present then we need a way of ignoring them in the future. Once they're ignored, how does one add them back in at a later date.

On a more basic level, however, I'm not sure I understand the need for not including an album when it's there among all your other music? I can, on the other hand, understand the need for wanting to get rid of it altogether (i.e. removal of files as well as from the library).

Cheers,
Jonathan

yes, it would be great to be able to delete from inside the library (so you can remove a specific song (file), or a whole group of files based on the id3tags like album or artist.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
There is still no easy way to remove a scanned item from your music library Sad

why is there no REMOVE FROM LIBRARY in the context menu?
You can delete the files from the library if you enable file rename/delete I think?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to remove music from library?0