[LINUX] "Python Script Failed" on every plugin?
guess a feature that they advertise on the front page, not working, isn't very important then.
checked it out AGAIN, and its not working
Still broken?
I'll need to see a log using a current svn checkout of xbmc.
On my install every scripts runs fine again after a make clean and make distclean before building the latest svn's.
I also tried this on the install of a friend of mine who had the same problems, also on his install every script works again.

So. please try that first.
commands on minimal ubuntu system:
make clean
make distclean
svn up
./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-pulse
make -j2
sudo make install
i never used distclean. i'll give that a shot. although the harddrive in my htpc is failing =[...need that cf adapter to arrive Smile
Just compiled svn ver. 21130 with the full make clean/make distclean routine and I'm still having the plugins/python issues. Sad
Aenima99x Wrote:Just compiled svn ver. 21130 with the full make clean/make distclean routine and I'm still having the plugins/python issues. Sad

Log please.
ceros Wrote:Log please.

Here you go...

Also just FYI, this is an Ubuntu Jaunty Minimal install, but I did get the dependencies from the Readme as well as from a build-dep from the PPA.
Aenima99x Wrote:Here you go...

Also just FYI, this is an Ubuntu Jaunty Minimal install, but I did get the dependencies from the Readme as well as from a build-dep from the PPA.

Check to see if /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/python/python24.zip exists and if so, check it's contents. It should contain a bunch of python modules (i.e. threading.py, os.py, etc).
ceros Wrote:Check to see if /usr/local/share/xbmc/system/python/python24.zip exists and if so, check it's contents. It should contain a bunch of python modules (i.e. threading.py, os.py, etc).

Not sure why, but the python24.zip, python24.zlib and DLLs folder were ALL missing! Doh! Thanks for the help Ceros. :cool2:
I've been suffering from this same issue. It turned out the problem was that I didn't have the "zip" program installed, therefore the compiled python libraries couldn't be zipped up.

Compilation of libPython gives the following non-blocking error:
Code:
/bin/bash: line 1: zip: command not found

Compilation carries on so I thought everything was fine. Thankyou ceros for giving me the inspiration to check the compile log closer.

Coincidently "zip" is not listed as a dependency in README.linux (although unzip is), perhaps this should be added?
i have all those files in there. Just unzipped python24....not the issue for me. im kinda limited on what i can test as the htpc harddrive is just about dead, im waiting on a zif>sata adapter so i can install an ssd into it. Server side storage ftw =].
all python scripts are not working for me.

i have "full fat" ubuntu jaunty 9.04
installed xbmc via apt-get (currently 9.04.1-jaunty1)

python24.zip is located in /usr/share/xbmc/system/python/ and there are the modules inside the zip folder.

i also tried a svn yesterday and it had the same problem.
i have the same exact problem as well. I thought it was only the Launcher plugin but now its others.
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] "Python Script Failed" on every plugin?0