ASrock Ionstar 330 vs. ASUS P4-P5N9300 for HTPC?
is it true when buying the asrock you should choose your ram wisely as their is only 1 board for the ram, if you choose 2GB and later want to upgrade to 4GB you can't just buy another 1x2gb stick, instead you have to take out that one and put in a 1x4gb stick?
slippy Wrote:is it true when buying the asrock you should choose your ram wisely as their is only 1 board for the ram, if you choose 2GB and later want to upgrade to 4GB you can't just buy another 1x2gb stick, instead you have to take out that one and put in a 1x4gb stick?

No, the ASRock has two memory slots, although both need to be filled if you want dual-channel access.

Most 2Gb ASRocks come with 2x1Gb, meaning if you want to upgrade to 4gb you will have to replace both of them with 2x2gb.
Guys I'm sorry for reviving this thread a few months after the last post but there doesn't seem to be many posts regarding the Asus P4-P5N9300.

I'm hoping someone here can help me since some of you own the Asus P4. I'm looking for a low profile CPU Fan which will fit in this little machine.

I currently have a stock intel cpu cooler and it is so damn loud.

My specs are Windows 7, Core2Duo E6600, 2GB Ram, 400GB HDD.

Something else that's concerning me is heat. I installed an app called SpeedFan and it tells me that the CPU temp is about 37-40 degrees on idle which it states is safe, but the GPU diode is about 56 degrees and this it says is not healthy as it has a fire flame logo next to it.

I'm thinking about installing a small case fan to the DVD drive bay (I didn't bother installing a DVD drive as I have an external one and thought this will help keep the system cooler and less noisier), to provide some more air in to the system. This will be blowing down directly on the hard drive which no doubt will help keep it cool.

Any suggestions for a decent CPU fan or anything that I can do to keep the system cooler?

Thanks in advance.
Scythe Shuriken Mini.. its as if made for case..

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?...n&ie=UTF-8

I havent yet fitted mine since mine is silent with [email protected] with Intel stock..

But my chip is 45nm.. maybe you havent got heatsink seated properly?
Methanoid thanks for getting back to me I was looking for the Scythe Shuriken Mini but it doesn't seem to be available to buy.

Is it called something else? I live in the UK by the way.

About seating the heatsink properly, yes I'm sure that it is as I can see all 4 clips underneath the chasis as their are 4 openings there through which all the 4 clips can be seen. Plus the heat sink is solid and doesn't move at all.

Hope to hear back from you, Regards.
I'll PM U...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASrock Ionstar 330 vs. ASUS P4-P5N9300 for HTPC?0