• 11(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Is there a way to get encrypted channels working ? Ive got an CI decrypting card but tvheadend is not able to decode channels ( unlike other software, e.g. kaffeine / mythtv ).
you can install newcamd and connect your card to phoenix programmer. then set up your newcamd server and set your hts cw client
lenovo y530
nvidia gf 9600 512mb
Debian squeeze
jeepcook Wrote:Hi Adam,

I have the same issue with the last SVN 21979. I have no channels listing.

Regards.

Back from holiday !!!!

In fact, the reason why the channels list didn't appear was because I had nothing in the access control tab . After adding a line, all is OK, and I can say that TvHeadEnd is the best !!!! and is very fast.

I have just one problem with my provider cards, on is a viaccess Orange Sat, all is OK with this one, the other is a viaccess Bistelevison, and I have a lot of error like "access denied" following by "key obtained".. so the picture freeze. I'm not sure but I think that this problem comes from newcs and not tvheadend .. I will try to modify the frequency...

Regards
ukasz Wrote:you can install newcamd and connect your card to phoenix programmer. then set up your newcamd server and set your hts cw client
Thanks, but I dont use a softcam - its a hardware cam ( CI ) and I think tvheadend needs to use it via linux-dvb api.
does cccam work with this?
Hi !

Is there an addon in preparation for the futur of xbmc !! in fact the branch pvr-testing shows a VDR addon but nothing for tvheadend.
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...sting/XBMC

Thanks
I'm using xbmc svn + tvheadend with a Sundtek MediaTV Pro USB stick (DVB-C). It's working almost perfectly. I have no subtitles on channels where subtitles is not embedded in the video stream. Is this a xbmc or tvheadend issue?
Wow, this looks great. I'd love to use this but wonder if it has any support for US cable's Clear QAM. I see that you're thinking of adding ATSC - I'd love to see QAM support also. I have a couple cards that do QAM and present themselves as DVB cards (at least according to MythTV).

Also - is there any support for HDHomerun devices? I have a QAM/ATSC version HDHomerun that would be nice to be able to use.

EDIT: I decided to try out the lastest SVN of TVHeadend - Yes QAM does appear to work! This is incredibly slick.
erdah, if you could grab a sample ts stream that has subtitles we might be able to look at it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Great! Here is a sample stream: http://www.mediafire.com/?2g2tyzjmjd0

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Testing, upload more samples etc.

Thanks!
Thank you for implementing ATSC support. Tvheadend is awesome, and for me only needs XBMC integrated scheduling in order to replace mythtv.
bisch Wrote:Thank you for the replies.
I've found that using dbs for the lnb config works on the initial scan, but it'll only find one info for one or two stations per transponder leaving the others in the initial or unknown state.
If I use auto detect mux it will immediately hang.

NA sats (dish/bev) do not strictly adhere to the DVB standard. IIRC the channel names are not stored in the SDT.

I remember pulling my hair out trying to patch DVB streamer. I managed to get it to work with my dishpro LNB with the hi and lo offsets and bandstacking, but I never could manage to get channel names to populate in a scan.

I have a feeling that if you want this to work with NA sats then you'll need to patch it or find someone else to patch it. It's a hack to get everything to work correctly and your patches would probably never find their way into the source because of this.
When using TVheadend (without XBMC), is it possible to control the webui without a mouse? Can you use keyboard to change channels, schedule a recording, use epg, etc? This to switch between xbmc and tvheadend to schedule recordings etc, using lirc.
erdah Wrote:Great! Here is a sample stream: http://www.mediafire.com/?2g2tyzjmjd0

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Testing, upload more samples etc.

Thanks!

I've downloaded the file as well. Tvheadend has not support at the moment for subtitiling.
This is something we must look into but it's not at the top prio list right now :/
Finally I got it to work Smile ... just needed to compile XBMC from source (22919) and thats was it Smile

Thanks, the simplest I've yet seen (still i have to play around with it abit to see how it works)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9