• 52(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Those who claim to have cccam 2.1.4 please could you elaborate on how exactly you get the camd.socket created?

I have tried using capmt_ca.so as well as dvb api3. I can get it working up to 2.1.2 anything newer, 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 I cannot get working.

Please let me know and I will write a script or package for everyone.
nitr8 Wrote:Those who claim to have cccam 2.1.4 please could you elaborate on how exactly you get the camd.socket created?

I have tried using capmt_ca.so as well as dvb api3. I can get it working up to 2.1.2 anything newer, 2.1.3 or 2.1.4 I cannot get working.

Please let me know and I will write a script or package for everyone.

I used moontan77's guide on page 36 of this thread with the below script to start cccam

#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/local/bin
gcc -march=pentium -mmmx -fomit-frame-pointer -fexpensive-optimizations
-funroll-loops -fPIC -shared -o capmt_ca.so capmt_ca.c -ldl
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/local/bin/capmt_ca.so ; export LD_PRELOAD
while [ 1 ];
do
./CCcam.x86 -d > /var/cccamlog/CCcam.log
done

In my cccam.cfg I have the line
DVB API: 3

This is all working on CCcam 2.1.4 server for me.

It did take a bit of messing around and few restarts but eventually it does work.

Smile
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
I tried the preload script to get capmt_ca.so to load with DVB API settings -1 / 1 / 3 and it won't generate the camd.socket.

Although I haven't had chance to try an older version of CCcam yet but I will be doing shortly.

But, for those who mentioned that any version of CCcam above 2.1.2 won't generate the camd.socket my question is this - what features or functionality [if any] do you loose by downgrading to 2.1.0 or below?
Ok, so running 2.1.0 outputs the camd.socket in /tmp which is fine.

Is it supposed to be 0 bytes in size?

[Edit]

Also, for those who are having problems getting the camd.socket to be generated, I have some config in the CCcam.cfg file, but I have the DVB API setting is commented out with a # and in the output from CCcam it shows it has run the DVB API setting at 3 automatically.

I wonder if there is a bug with newer versions with the DVB API setting and the auto detection it does of the DVB card?

[/Edit]
archjace Wrote:I dont bother to compile everytime either, just compile once and then I created a loader script which loads cccam 2.1.4 first and then tvheadend after. Works well.

Bear in mind, if you stop cccam for any reason you will need to restart tvheadend or it wont pick up the socket again. At least it wont for me.

And I know this is a bit of Linux n00b question, but how do I configure TvHeadend to start after the run.sh script please?
AP0ll0UK Wrote:And I know this is a bit of Linux n00b question, but how do I configure TvHeadend to start after the run.sh script please?

just stick run.sh into /ect/rc.local that will run run.sh before tvheadend starts up.
nitr8 Wrote:just stick run.sh into /ect/rc.local that will run run.sh before tvheadend starts up.

Thanks for the suggestion but I know whats its doing and why its not running.

It all boils down to the DVB AP setting, if it is set to anything other than -1 then CCcam will not start.

The problem with this is that CCcam will not output the camd.socket file properly unless DVB API is set to something other than -1 or is not set at all.

So it looks like my days of trying to use TvHeadend are over and I'll have to lok at Mythbox or VDR.

This is in no way a reflection on the TvHeadend app itself as it works great, and the issue it would seem is with CCcam.

Thanks for help again Big Grin
AP0ll0UK Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion but I know whats its doing and why its not running.

It all boils down to the DVB AP setting, if it is set to anything other than -1 then CCcam will not start.

The problem with this is that CCcam will not output the camd.socket file properly unless DVB API is set to something other than -1 or is not set at all.

So it looks like my days of trying to use TvHeadend are over and I'll have to lok at Mythbox or VDR.

This is in no way a reflection on the TvHeadend app itself as it works great, and the issue it would seem is with CCcam.

Thanks for help again Big Grin

Is it a local card you are trying to use or a share from else whereHuh?
still learning linux, | Eve Media Box Case | Abit I-N73HD Motherboard | 2gb Ram | 8gb usb drive | xbmc live | 4tb Linux server |- Second box - XBMC live | GA-81915PM motherboard | 2gb Ram | Gainward 8400GS 512MB HDMI | 2.5" 60gb hard drive |Cheap MCE remote | Tvheadend server | Raspberry Pi | Acer Revo | Zotac ION
Same problem here....

Cccam 2.1.2 works great with Ubuntu 10.04. (dvb api3 is auto-detected)

i use this: LD_PRELOAD=/var/bin/capmt_ca.so /var/bin/CCcam.x86 -v -d

When i tried Cccam 2.1.3 and 2.1.4, the server starts then stops after about 1 minute and tells me: "CCcam: no working cam devices, no need to start pmthandler"

If i try DVB API: -1 the server works with no stops but i can´t change channels
If i try DVB API: 1 or DVB API: 3, cccam stops again after a minute!

I guess i´ll stick with 2.1.2 for now :confused2:
Mike34 Wrote:Is it a local card you are trying to use or a share from else whereHuh?

I'm connecting to a cline, I don't have any local cards.
maddox Wrote:Same problem here....

Cccam 2.1.2 works great with Ubuntu 10.04. (dvb api3 is auto-detected)

i use this: LD_PRELOAD=/var/bin/capmt_ca.so /var/bin/CCcam.x86 -v -d

When i tried Cccam 2.1.3 and 2.1.4, the server starts then stops after about 1 minute and tells me: "CCcam: no working cam devices, no need to start pmthandler"

If i try DVB API: -1 the server works with no stops but i can´t change channels
If i try DVB API: 1 or DVB API: 3, cccam stops again after a minute!

I guess i´ll stick with 2.1.2 for now :confused2:

So with the setup that you have using 2.1.2, does it output the camd.socket?

Mine did but it was 0 bytes in size which didn't seem right?
AP0ll0UK Wrote:So with the setup that you have using 2.1.2, does it output the camd.socket?

Mine did but it was 0 bytes in size which didn't seem right?

yes, using 2.1.2 works and tvheadend is working pretty well.
And the output is 0 bytes

root@MediaBOX:~# ls -l /tmp/camd.socket
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 2010-07-14 22:47 /tmp/camd.socket
maddox Wrote:yes, using 2.1.2 works and tvheadend is working pretty well.
And the output is 0 bytes

root@MediaBOX:~# ls -l /tmp/camd.socket
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 2010-07-14 22:47 /tmp/camd.socket

Thanks for the info.

My install is starting to get on my nerves, it was working by auto detecting the DVB API and setting it to 3, and it was writing out the camd.socket which it now isn't. It's driving me round the bend lol Huh
AP0ll0UK Wrote:Thanks for the info.

My install is starting to get on my nerves, it was working by auto detecting the DVB API and setting it to 3, and it was writing out the camd.socket which it now isn't. It's driving me round the bend lol Huh

I just read in another forum that cccam 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 work but ONLY in a 64bit environment. So just go for 2.1.2 for now, it should work
maddox Wrote:I just read in another forum that cccam 2.1.3 and 2.1.4 work but ONLY in a 64bit environment. So just go for 2.1.2 for now, it should work

Thanks, that's good to know Smile

I might leave it for a few days and take a fresh look at it. I have had it working and writing the camd.socket file but now it won't and I don't know what I've changed or what I'm missing.

Once that's all sorted and running, did you just get TvHeadend to rescan your channels and it detected everything ok?

Are you using a local cam or a cline?
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9