• 61(current)
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!
Hi,

same Here Sad

regards,
Ruud.

peely Wrote:I have the same issue in the UK, XBMC shows the tvheadend EPG data an hour early as we're currently in DST, being GMT + 1. Tvheadend shows the correct data and both my server and client are in the same timezone.

N.
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
Hi,

solved this by upgrading tvheadend to latest svn (svn-r5360), no time differences.
only problem with this svn is that there are issues with the produced mkv as it will not run through ffmpeg (results in a floating point exception) and I need ffmpeg to create an .mpg for comskip Oo

Posted this over at the tvheadend mailing list.

problem when trying to 'disable' a scheduled recording still gives the error: "PVR server is not compatible..."

hope this helps,
regards,
Ruud.
Ruud Wrote:Hi,

same Here Sad

regards,
Ruud.
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
Hi! I have only just made the jump to Linux and have been making steady progress, so please go easy on me! I have also searched before posting.
I added Gujs's PPA and have installed and setup TvHeadend and XBMC. To test things, I added TvHeadend as a video source within XBMC and it worked nicely.
What I can't work out, is that when I go to the Live TV area, I receive the message "No pvr clients available". Do I need to do something with XBMC in order for it to see TVHeadend as a pvr source? I have a password setup in TvHeadend, could this be blocking the access?
Many thanks,
James
RockDr Wrote:Hi! I have only just made the jump to Linux and have been making steady progress, so please go easy on me! I have also searched before posting.
I added Gujs's PPA and have installed and setup TvHeadend and XBMC. To test things, I added TvHeadend as a video source within XBMC and it worked nicely.
What I can't work out, is that when I go to the Live TV area, I receive the message "No pvr clients available". Do I need to do something with XBMC in order for it to see TVHeadend as a pvr source? I have a password setup in TvHeadend, could this be blocking the access?
Many thanks,
James

Hi James,
there is no need to add tvheadend as a video source, Gujs package comes with an addon that should be enabled...
So goto System -> Add-ons -> Installed Add-ons -> PVR clients -> click on the Tvheadend HTSP Client
Here you can configure and enable the client, which will activate the Live TV menu entry

Hope this helps Wink

oh yes... welcome Wink

regards,
Ruud.
I know this is not completely relevant for this topic. But does any of you know how to configure a debian / linux server, to work with 3 NIC's , 1 WAN 1 IPTV and 1 LAN. This server acts as gateway / router between WAN and my LAN, but I would like to add the IPTV interface on it, so I can serve tv to LAN / XBMC with tvheadend.
I can see you, Ruud, have a TV server Smile

Now, in the new upcoming version of XBMC, will the tvheadend client be available as a simple "install add-on" thing ? And will this support HW-acc. for the ION ? Or does one need to install Gujs version ? If so, how is that done Smile

Thank you.
b0nde Wrote:I know this is not completely relevant for this topic. But does any of you know how to configure a debian / linux server, to work with 3 NIC's , 1 WAN 1 IPTV and 1 LAN. This server acts as gateway / router between WAN and my LAN, but I would like to add the IPTV interface on it, so I can serve tv to LAN / XBMC with tvheadend.
I can see you, Ruud, have a TV server Smile{/QUOTE]
Hi b0nde,
if you are looking for that functionality in a server, you 'must' have a look at ClearOS that is practically designed to function as a gateway / router server (with antivirus, mail, ids / ips, firewall, ldap, just to name a few Wink

[quote=b0nde]Now, in the new upcoming version of XBMC, will the tvheadend client be available as a simple "install add-on" thing ? And will this support HW-acc. for the ION ? Or does one need to install Gujs version ? If so, how is that done?
Thank you.

Very curious myself as I am new to XBMC but *needed* the tv functionality (former MediaPortal addict Cool) so I went ahead and went for Gujs repository.
I am not sure how this is working together with the current released Beta 2... is that something we already have, how are the changes merged with Gujs repo's?
When the new version comes out, what then? how to implement the tvheadend client?
Will it be part of the 'Eden´ release, or will that release forllow a different route...
questions / questions / questions... but who can answer? Huh

regards,
Ruud.
Ruud Wrote:[quote=b0nde]I know this is not completely relevant for this topic. But does any of you know how to configure a debian / linux server, to work with 3 NIC's , 1 WAN 1 IPTV and 1 LAN. This server acts as gateway / router between WAN and my LAN, but I would like to add the IPTV interface on it, so I can serve tv to LAN / XBMC with tvheadend.
I can see you, Ruud, have a TV server Smile{/QUOTE]
Hi b0nde,
if you are looking for that functionality in a server, you 'must' have a look at ClearOS that is practically designed to function as a gateway / router server (with antivirus, mail, ids / ips, firewall, ldap, just to name a few Wink

Very curious myself as I am new to XBMC but *needed* the tv functionality (former MediaPortal addict Cool) so I went ahead and went for Gujs repository.
I am not sure how this is working together with the current released Beta 2... is that something we already have, how are the changes merged with Gujs repo's?
When the new version comes out, what then? how to implement the tvheadend client?
Will it be part of the 'Eden´ release, or will that release forllow a different route...
questions / questions / questions... but who can answer? Huh

regards,
Ruud.

Sorry Ruud, it looks very nice, but im not gonna change my debian installation Smile I run other stuff on there too. But, so, you dont have any idea how to configure this type of scenario "the dirty way", meaing manually adding routes and iptable-rules and messing with config files and so on ?
Just to confirm, yes the PVR Addons will not be part of Dharma. They are planned for the first release next year codenamed Eden. You can compile it from the pvr-testing2 branch.

Personally I don't use it. I have just set up a few home menu links. One to a htsp source in the video section and another to my recordings folder. Which can be done in Dharma.

Perhaps I should try out the pvr branch again though..
I stand to be corrected, but I believe the PVR addons also depend on some other specific code within the xbmc pvr branch, so although each pvr that is supported will have an add-on, there is some code common to all that needs to be merged into the main branch of xbmc before it will be supported outside of the pvr branch.

I have read that this is planned as one of the early tasks to do (merge the pvr branch into trunk) after the final dharma release. Once that happens, you should just be able to use the main svn ppa to try the pvr add ons, without waiting until eden rolls around.

I too was just using an htsp source and shortcut to the recordings directory to access tvheadend, but the epg is really handy, so I have been using the pvr testing branch instead for a while now. You've gotta put up with a few bugs while it evolves, but it's surprisingly stable already (especially gujs ppa)...
Correct. As far as releases go, it will be in Eden. But of course it will be in the svn much sooner for anyone that is willing to put up with an unsupported version. Although I thought the pvr branch was near completion, Spiff has indicated it will take much of the devs effort finalising it for the next release.
b0nde Wrote:Sorry Ruud, it looks very nice, but im not gonna change my debian installation Smile I run other stuff on there too. But, so, you dont have any idea how to configure this type of scenario "the dirty way", meaing manually adding routes and iptable-rules and messing with config files and so on ?
Hi B0nde, although I love the 'dirty way' and once upon a time I even teached TCP IP to a MS masterclass, I have totally lost my touch and fully rely on ClearOS Shocked
So in short... don't count on me No
But maybe somebody else is willing to take the plunge with you ?

regards,
Ruud.
B0nde: Just install tvheadend on your debian box, what's the problem?
Hi,

i have problems with converting the mkv recordings back to ts files.

mkvmerge version: 4.2.0
tsMuxer version: 1.10.6

File 1: h264, 2x AC3
Demux with mkvextractgui2: empty h264 file, no ac3 tracks after demuxing
tsMuxer: error message when loading mkv file "Can't detect stream type"
tsMuxer after remuxing mkv file mit mkvmerge: "Error can't parse h264 private data"

File 2; MPEG2, 2x mpeg stereo
Demux with mkvextractgui2: works as expected
tsMuxer: error message when loading mkv file "Can't detect stream type"
tsMuxer after remuxing mkv file mit mkvmerge: Only video track is recognized, no audio tracks.

I tested this with more recordings form different channels, but always with the same results.
I need the .ts files for other editing software to cut out commercials.
So how can i convert the mkv file back to ts?
zenani,

Your problem might be related to this http://trac.lonelycoder.com/hts/ticket/278 . I'm hoping it might have something todo with the problems I've seen trying to use comskip. Other than that, I'm not sure. If you do have more info you are probably best asking on the hts mailing list as andoma is more active there.
Ruud Wrote:Hi,

solved this by upgrading tvheadend to latest svn (svn-r5360), no time differences.

Hi Ruud,

didn't work for me, still 2h off with tvheadend svn-r5359.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD] HOW-TO watch Live TV in XBMC for Linux with Tvheadend, the easy way!9